Windshield Wiper Chatter Fix? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I've been dealing with chattery wipers for a while and just broke down and got a set of OEM screw on blades and they still chatter!

I'm thinking it might be spring tension, but there isn't an adjustment I could see.
Maybe replacing the springs, but Toyota probably wants me to buy a couple hundred bucks of stuff rather than replacing just the spring.
Also tweaking the arms a little might help, but I thought I'd just check before I go all crazy with the pliers.

I looked through lots of mud posts but couldn't find anything on just the chatter, although there is lots of other good stuff on wipers.

Thanks,
Bryan

Bend the arms so the blade is perfectly perpendicular to the window and the chatter will stop. Some Rain-x or stuff like that helps, too.

Bend the arms so the blade is perfectly perpendicular to the window and the chatter will stop. Some Rain-x or stuff like that helps, too.

This helped me out quite a bit too, but the thing that made the biggest difference, at least in my case, was windshield polish and ever since my wipers have been like a dream. I think it was Cruiser Dan that told me to give it a try.

Best of luck.

This helped me out quite a bit too, but the thing that made the biggest difference, at least in my case, was windshield polish and ever since my wipers have been like a dream. I think it was Cruiser Dan that told me to give it a try.

Best of luck.

cdan is the man :D

Best of luck.

x3. Polish the windscreen with something like rubbing compound or Bon Ami cleaner. Then hit it with Rain X.

x4. Perpendicular OEM blades are what stopped mine from skipping.

Thanks everyone!
Just got back from outta town.
Whats the deal with the polish?
I've read people post on Bon Ami, but I'm not sure what to do with it.
Bryan

clean windshiled with alcohol

Chances are, you probably have a thin film of sticky substance on the windshield and cleaning it would make a difference. Also, check to make sure the windshield wiper blade does not flop back and forth in its holder.

Just bent the damm things and seems to work like a charm!

I think mine make noise because I have no blades in the wipers

I think mine make noise because I have no blades in the wipers

x2

I wonder if that's what caused the semi-circular gouges in my windshield too?:hmm: Gotta love POs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom