Windshield replacement recommendations in Atlanta? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Need to replace my busted windshield... my dime, not insurance.

Any recommendations from folks in Atlanta, preferably on the north side of town?

Leaning towards Safelite. Will be sure to inspect everything they plan to use / touch BEFORE letting them start. Got quotes from a couple other folks. Almost double the Safelite price. A few places politely refused saying they couldn't get the replacement glass (unless I wanted to pony up for the factory Toyota OEM windshield for $1100 alone).

I've used safelite and it is a fine replacement.

I've used safelite and it is a fine replacement.

Chris, check with your local Lexus dealer and see who at Safelite they use to do their LXs. Basically, try and find someone at their Atlanta locations that have done a few of these. Getting ready to do the same myself...crack is pretty much to middle of window now. ;-(

Just used safelite and was impressed. OEM quiet after install. Also, search online for promo codes. I got $40 off which brought my total to around $325. You'll also need to figure out if your truck has a slight green tint to the glass or bronze prior to setting up the appt.

If your insurance will cover it- why not buy OEM and have it installed at the dealership? (that is if your deductible is close to the same price as the lower cost replacement). Keep in mind Safelight uses their house brand of glass, (and if it matters to you its made in China). FWIW I have experienced their product be inferior quality: not with install but the glass itself- mainly clarity issues. If you dont go OEM- you might also call ABRA and get a quote.

good luck

Looks like I'm going to give Safelite a go at it. My son broke it and my deductible is $500 so it's all going to come out of my pocket (or his). It's funny the current factory Toyota windshield has a little distortion to it so I can't imagine the aftermarket one being much worse. My bigger fear is the installer but I think I know enough now to really grill them before they begin to determine their knowledge / experience level.

I need to do this - noticed yesterday there's a 6" Y in the glass. No idea how/when it got there.

I keep reading about Safelite... and about going OEM... and to be sure the installer uses rivets not screws... But Satellite doesn't use OEM, and the dealer will be expensive and other installers swear screws are just as good...

I'd prefer the OEM glass. But, I'd prefer not to spend double for the job. Is the non-OEM (Safelite Chinese) glass working out okay?

I bet your local Lexus dealer uses Safelite. Find out which Safelight senior tech does their LXs. Then ask Safelite to quote with PGW glass.

Search the other windshield threads for full cost of OEM parts.

just had OEM glass priced by dealer for my recent replacement. $1300. Just for the glass.

I've got an appointment with Stone Glass (great name for a glass shop) to swap the windshield tomorrow. Jeff did some to my daughter's RAV4 last year - did a great job. After reading here, I asked him if he was familiar with the 100s... "Yep, they're a bit different... They use rivets to hold the... ...and some of the trim is replaced... " It was like he'd been reading here. I asked him his thoughts on rivets vs. screws. "Oh, rivets for sure" Then, he went on to explain why.

He's using PGW (apparently same glass as Toyota OEM). He can get cheaper glass - named two other brands - but said "It's hit or miss with the Chinese stuff."

Sounds like I'm in good hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom