Windshield replacement questions 2018 460 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

[Windshield Molding Clips] (10 quantity)
PN: 75545-53011
========================
When you order the clips, are they a package of 10, or I have to buy 10 @ 5 bucks each?

Caught a rock this past weekend and it starred. I thought maybe I got lucky and I would have it filled when I got home. Within minutes I was watching it run. :bang: I'll be replacing mine sometime soon. Good thing is its on the passenger edge started running to the driver side about 5 inches and then turned up........

Windshield installed last week, no issues. They seem to be not nearly as finicky as the 100 series was. Phew. Glad I had new clips. My trim pieces appeared to be in decent shape, still a little pliable, but some of the attachment points to the clips broke during removal, so I'm glad I had new parts on had. Old windshield was a Pilkington, not OEM.

I DO have the windshield de-icers, though living in AZ, I haven't really ever needed to use them over the last 2 years. So I did have my wife ensure that the new windshield had the connections when she ordered it up. However - at the end of the install, the guy said, "Nope, you don't have them, couldn't find the connection." We went back and forth, looked at the climate screen, turned them on, and he agreed to re-pull the cowl cover and and check again. Sure enough, whoever installed the old Pilkington (before I owned the truck) had just cut the wires (thankfully downstream from the connector) and tucked the whole wire bundle way down. He quickly took off the old, cut piece between connector and old windshield and hooked up the new one! Yay, just in time for summer...

Anyway, ordered 10 clips, 2 trim pieces, and rain sensor gel. Glad I did.

So I guess, regarding windshields OEM is the best way to go?

I have 3 vehicles , 2 with broken shields , when I replace a broken one , 3 months later , it's broken again , why bother.
My 2008 GX , I wish it would break , I'd love a new one in that vehicle .

Windshield in my '07 G35x (purchased new) has simply held up to everything over the years and never cracked (stock windshield)... but at this point feels like the "Thin Ice" game with all of the ding repairs.

dont-break-the-ice-game_1200x1200.jpg

Windshield in my '07 G35x (purchased new) has simply held up to everything over the years and never cracked (stock windshield)... but at this point feels like the "Thin Ice" game with all of the ding repairs.

dont-break-the-ice-game_1200x1200.jpg
Region helps. We landscape with gravel. The desert is made of sand and gravel. Lots of gravel roads. 4 wheeling is all on rocks and gravel. Windshields are a consumable here. Growing up in the PNW, I don't recall EVER breaking a windshield.

And I remember playing that game!

Not often in PNW but once you do the mountain passes on a common basis it seems to happen every couple years for me. Other family who don't go over passes much rarely lose a windshield.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom