Windshield locks (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ca./S.C. Now living in the Philippines Moving back
Hey guys and girls, What year did Toyota change the windshield frame locks from a toggle type to a screw with the big knob? Has anyone ever used another toggle type? Home made? Rednecked? One that looked good and served its purpose? Pics would be good if anyone has them.

Thanks and take care all!

Rob:steer:

Not sure when, but why not buy some? Is this what you mean by toggle

LAND CRUISER FJ40 FJ45 WINDSHIELD LATCHES 1962-1967 | eBay

I plan on using this type on my 1962, back then they had nut and bolt, and I want to be able to put the window down real easy like with that type of latch on ebay.

The green ones in my picture are the early 60's and the red ones are the mid 60's. For $49 bucks on ebay seems like a bargain. The part on the windshield should be easy to make.
windholddowns.jpg

Yeah thats them Chris! I don't have a dash pad or plans to use one so I was thinking of using these. I wonder how much shipping would be to the Philippines? I do have a friend in Virginia that exports. I may buy a set and have them sent to him then I could get them in 5 days instead of 2 months. God I miss the U.S. of A. for simple stuff.
Us Southern boys like simple but functional huh?
Thanks bro!

Rob

Hi All:

It is easy to retro-fit the "old school" style wind shield frame latches onto the 1970s-era '40s that came with the later plastic dial knob.

Regards,

Alan

Do yourself a favor before you make this mod and look a little further down the road. If you are even considering installing a rollcage, you should take some time to factor in clearance for the latches, even if it means moving them from the location where they would usually be mounted.

Best

Mark A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom