Windscreen cowl - cabin air intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.george4wd.taskled.com
I think this has been posted before, anyhow, given winter will soon be here with rain/damp etc, cleaning out years of leaves/debris is a good idea.

cowl.jpg

Undo/remove the 6 screws on the leading edge of the cowl and pry up enough to get the tip from you air blower gun under the lip. Likely you'll have a collection of leaves/twigs packing a lot of the space. Clean it all out before it rots and/or starts things rusting.

cheers,
george.

Thanks for the reminder. I should do this.

so it just lifts off after the 6 screws are removed?

It lifts enough from the engine side (remember the wipers are still attached...) to blow compressed air in to push out all the leaves/debris. Did it yesterday with my older son helping out, one person to hold one end, the other holds up the other end and blows air sideways. Takes a few goes and a small plastic trim tool helps dislodge any really stuck/clogged stuff. Worth doing...

cheers,
george.

I removed mine and bought some aluminum screen and stainless wire to "tie" the screen to the underside of the cowl. All you see from the top side is the wire loops that hold the screen on and then of course you see the screen. I have had this done for almost a year and it works great. Might have to go in every so often and redo with new screen but I would expect that to be at least 3 -4 years down the road. Woeks for me anywat.

Very good idea. I live out in the country and the amount of sh$$ that falls down from the trees, especially cedars is unbelievable. I would also suggest that if you got the cowl off, then pop out the two plastic screens and give a look see inside, and use a vacuum for anything lying in there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom