Window Problems (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
- Dunno if this is a stupid question...

I live in sunny south florida where weather is very nice, so I like to put my windows down as most of you would in my position. The problem is that my windows are coming up so slow I question myself if it is even worth it to put them down, because they take so long to put them back up. I'm just wondering if the only solution out there is to buy a new motor for the windows or if their is a less expensive/easier way for my problem.

- Thanks Sammy

Hi Sammy,
I believe this topic is being discussed in another thread right now, right here in the 80/100 section of IH8MUD. Look on the first page or two and see what you find. If you can't find the thread then post back in this one and I'll point you to it.
-B-

:mad: I too live in the infernal regions in S. central FL na dhave the same problem/s. This is covered in search, but, here's what I've been doing:
1) get some silicone spray, marine grease or lithium grease or syl -glide (silicone based grease).
2) inspect and spray the runners (channel/guides) with the silicone spray
3) grease the window retainer/ power window guide with marine/silicone grease
4) clean the windows (both sides) thoroughly and regularly
5) inspect the runs and channels for debris and rot
6) clean up the switches and connections and weather proof.
Like I said, I know this has been posted before, but it seems WE in FL have some different things to be aware of than our forzen northern bretheren.... persistent high humidity and rot... a form of jungle rot if you prefer ( just like in rainforests of S. America and yes I can speak from first hand knowledge). I noticed while I was replacing speakers and doing window maint, that the rubber components inside the doors( channels and guides for windows) are rotting form the high humidity and heat and not getting a chance to dry out. I've got no leaks and the drains are free, it's just the climate. Mine will get replaced in the near future.
The grease and silicone help for a while but it doesn't last more than a couple of months. Do a search and try the things mentioned, it will help for a while. :beer:

Interesting. I just purchased (or maybe liberated) my vehicle from a south Florida beach town last year. The folks down there almost brag about the cars being from Florida, but it seemed to me a negative cause of the saltic and hot climate. I've just done the above (marine grease and silicone spray), and the windows seems better. We'll see how it last.

:beer:
Rookie2

8) The coastal/beach towns can be just as hard on a cruiser as possibly snowbound town up north. The summer squalls blow in from the gulf daily and blow salt and sand everywhere. In the interior it is a cross between an African savannah and a rain forest with the high humidity and high heat ( yeah I know it gets "hotter" in the desert but the heat indexes inland can regularly get to 110deg F.

Windows problem...............re-boot :flipoff2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom