Window channel felt. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So I know this topic has been discussed at sorts of length.. but when u r looking can’t find.. and when u r not, then u find.. this is my case.

So, the window tracks have the upper section felt and then at the bottom it has sections, two to be exact.. well mine are falling off the tracks with every operation of the window.

- Is there a continuous run belt/felt that goes from one side to the other uninterrupted?

- where can I buy these lower sections and how do I get them to stay in place? Glue?

Here is a picture/ a horrible picture of what I’m talking about.

B74F2CDD-D9C2-4B3A-BEE6-B2EFD7F0F005.jpeg

A79C0785-4696-450A-B070-FA535080DBF9.jpeg

I used this thread and bought the felt that was recommended here and although I’ve only done the driver front, it stuck in the channel with no issue and stays there, like it was made for this. Also I just did it in one piece…

Ah weird, I’ve usually had decent service with them. Are there any other pick and pull type sites for 60 series parts?

There's a business in Bristol, TN that advertises on facebook marketplace ~ haven't had any dealings with them, just noticed they constantly come up.

Mark me as a middle ground on cruiserparts... got what I ordered, but had to call several times to nag them into shipping and the parts were miss-matched (pulled from different year vehicles, so my dash vents aren't 100% matching). Granted, that was before I realized Just how different early 60's were and to ask specifically for pre 10/84 parts.

Fyi I’m pulling good-ish window channels out to replace them, they’re pretty supple but since I’ve started I’m finishing… just saying if you need some pieces or all of it, just shoot me an note… they seem original but my rig is from the south and probably garaged at least half it’s life…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom