Wind Noise is Driving me Bonkers (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Need some of them cool white ones from the 90s with the finns on them, and three blades!

Admit it, one of you guys had them on your mini truck back in the day!!!! 😂

Last edited:
Any way we can get you to attach a picture showing specifically where you added tape?

I’m starting to remember my previous windshield may have made this noise too. It was aftermarket and installed too low. The new panel was installed by an absolute master of the craft and is OEM, no noises now. But I suspect this may be a common issue.

I also went back to full OEM wipers and inserts thinking it would help. I didn’t really matter, however the OEM blades were a welcomed improvement over the Costco wipers

11F33490-C890-4015-A640-7BA778479255.jpeg

0F01F238-3A2C-4684-A373-5DF77B10AE2A.jpeg

Great pics (and color!). I’ll take some pics and post them when I get back in town. I’m pretty sure mine doesn’t look like that…

I also went back to full OEM wipers and inserts thinking it would help. I didn’t really matter, however the OEM blades were a welcomed improvement over the Costco wipers

View attachment 3168324

View attachment 3168325
Totally makes sense. That gap between the side trim and the cowl cover isn't supposed to be there, and is a sign the panel was installed too low. Mine had the same gap and made the same noise.

New panel installed to correct height, no issues.

I also noticed OP's picture of the top trim.. it wouldn't be folded up and out like that if the panel were high enough up. So I'm betting they have the gaps at the bottom too.

What's that top seal supposed to look like? I've not been happy with mine. Not sure if PO ever had the windshield replaced or not. Can someone with factory fresh install post some pics?

Also is aftermarket windshield labeling?

81234BAC-0E14-441C-A840-13F8D898BACE.jpeg

00DC822E-E9F8-48FC-AF7B-AE4EF98C6FB6.jpeg

B9525EA4-B97E-4FBA-9CE9-B96DD6861E54.jpeg

That’s aftermarket glass. OEM glass will say Toyota. Windshield has been replaced.

What's that top seal supposed to look like? I've not been happy with mine. Not sure if PO ever had the windshield replaced or not. Can someone with factory fresh install post some pics?

Also is aftermarket windshield labeling?

View attachment 3168461

View attachment 3168462
View attachment 3168463
Imagine the whole panel slid upward slightly so the gap between it and the metal is smaller. This smaller gap means the upper trim can’t swing all the way up and overlap the body as in that picture.

Thanks for the info! At least it does not leak!

I went to my local SawStop dealer and asked for a banner! He gave me one and a Powermatic sign, too. They look great! I have lots of Festool, but no sign…
Huh. The only thing my dealer gave me was a bill.

Festool doesn't give anything away either.

Update: I removed the wiper and it’s MUCH quieter. I think air was getting underneath the blade. So, time to go OEM. Anyone have the part # of wiper blades on hand?

Left blade 85222-42110
Right blade 85222-53071
Rear blade 85242-42030

Left refill/insert 85214-06140
Right refill 85214-53080
Rear refill 85214-42040

Note that some parts sites substitute these numbers with the crappy Toyota-branded sightline parts. Don’t settle for that, these part numbers only.

Left blade 85222-42110
Right blade 85222-53071
Rear blade 85242-42030

Left refill/insert 85214-06140
Right refill 85214-53080
Rear refill 85214-42040

Note that some parts sites substitute these numbers with the crappy Toyota-branded sightline parts. Don’t settle for that, these part numbers only.
You’re the man!! Thanks!

I’ve had success with parts.olathetoyota.com providing the “real” OEM parts for these wipers and inserts.

The dealership in town sold me the “knock off” wipers and the OEM inserts didn’t fit when I went to replace them. I stick to Olathe now, who claim to be the largest parts department in the US.

I’ve had success with parts.olathetoyota.com providing the “real” OEM parts for these wipers and inserts.

The dealership in town sold me the “knock off” wipers and the OEM inserts didn’t fit when I went to replace them. I stick to Olathe now, who claim to be the largest parts department in the US.
The inserts didn’t fit into the knock-offs? Or your original blades?

OEM inserts didn’t fit into the sightline arms. You can see how much more stout the insert is on the OEM on the right. Sightline on the left.

3FF8C127-1B25-4074-8237-3A2BFB4A2FF1.jpeg

OEM inserts didn’t fit into the sightline arms. You can see how much more stout the insert is on the OEM on the right. Sightline on the left.

View attachment 3182738
Got it.

Not the only quality difference when comparing those blades side by side..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom