Winches (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes all I was wondering your take on mile marker electric winches bought one this morning from what I've heard sound like there allright.So I thought I would ask you the decideing commity :G

I have not heard any bad things about them, but if you look on 99% of all trail rigs you will see the Warn 8274. for a reason. :bow:
Best winch money can buy.

My buddy bought one of the $400 electric milemarkers....IMO, it's nice for the price, but it's pathetically slow....even unloaded. Great for occasional/rare use, but if you need it 3-4 times a day (like me) then you'll despise it quickly. He's already planning something on the front of the rig to "figure 8" the cable rather than respool every time.

I run the 8274-50 with poly rope and absolutely love it. Prior to that, I ran a 1974 Warn Bellevue (the great-granddaddy of the 8274) Another great winch.

one more...the 8274-50 is $1000-1200 plus another $200 for poly rope and another $40 or so for a alum hawse fairlead.

Price is definitely right on the Milemarker, the performance wouldn't cut it for me.

That should be allright Woody I'm not planning on pulling you with it anyway :GBut I'll remember that in case I have to pull you out cause the warn(you have)is down or the battery is DEAD :G

That should be allright Woody I'm not planning on pulling you with it anyway :G But I'll remember that in case I must cause the warn(you have)down or the battery is DEAD :G

hhhmmm...now where is that "ban" button.... :flipoff2:

I'll take a slow winch - as long as it gets me out.

Speaking of the 8274, has anyone ever seen the Toyota version of it? I've only seen pictures on how to repair it in the factory Toyota 60/70 series repair manual I have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom