Winch Solenoid Mount Location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to mount my external winch solenoid somewhere on the arb or grille, etc. Slee had a picture recently of a mount on a pre-95 where the plug for winch control was mounted on grille. I am not sure I want to start cutting on my grille at this point. Where has everyone mounted their solenoids?????? How did you mount it????? I have the L-shaped bar from warn. I seem to recall two metal straps that went around my motor which held my old faithful 8274 solenoid. That might be an option for this mount.

My solenoid is band clamped to the winch motor, and is pretty solid. On my FJ60, I extended the solenoid to winch cables and drilled/tapped the bottom mounts onto the flat, main bumper of the arb, so that the solenoid sat on the bumper just to the right side of the winch (US PS).

-H-

Mine is mounted under the hood, in between the coolant jar and the air cleaner housing. I also have in-cabin control wiring going to the solinoid pack.

Mine is mounted directly to the ARB bullbar above the winch. There were mounting holes there that I assumed were for the solenoid.

Yomama

yomama- Do you have a pic of the mounting location on your arb? That would be ideal to me as I prefer to mount it on the winch or on the bar.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom