Winch doesn't work no mo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My Mile Marker 8K electric winch was working when I put my truck in the garage 2 months ago. I rebuilt it and got it to free spool and it worked when I put it back in. Now both selenoids will click (fwd/rev) but no action in the winch. The battery was low (11v) the last time I tried to work it. Could this low voltage cause my winch to mess up? What the hell is wrong. It is not water/mud damage, in less from a long time ago..........
:doh:
It is important to fix cause my bro has a fj and they get stuck alot :D

double check that the battery is at full charge and that your ground/hot connections are good. Sounds like a weak battery to me tho....

I have an 6 onth old Red Top Optima. I run high current stuff (winch,altinator, stereo) off of main terminals and my 10 Hellas off of the side terminals. I have added another wire from the altinator and it runs at a steady 13.5 volts. It seems that it is not getting power from the selenoid. The winch worked perfect before (quit free spooling for a while) and has been rebuilt once. Could an arch or low volts cause serious damage to a winch and not the selenoid. It is connected the same way it has always been. How would you test the winch/selenoid with a volt meter? When I mounted it I extended the cables with 4 gauge wire 4 feet from the winch to the selenoid to move it under the hood (been like this from day 1)--could that F it up?

my 8274 did that and i pulled the pack apart and sand paperd everything clean and it worked great

sometimes the solenoid contacts can burn or just get crudded up, so with a low batt it wont let the power through properly. Should be easy to clean thou.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom