Will a GM 10Si fit a BJ42 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need to replace my alternator and the voltage regulator. However I am not spending 1000 CDN on alternator and I still need an external rectifier and voltage regulator.

There are 24 volt 10Si single wire alternators. If I have to machine a bracket then so be it. As for the single wire that's a huge bonus, remove all of wiring and old voltage regulator. Does someone have a diagram with dimensions. I will circle back with info on this mod.

If it works we can get alternators for 150 cdn and no complicated wiring. Hope it works
I also know Denso has a mini 24 volt 90 amp alternator, but I cannot get any specs

Thanks

Good luck mate!

You cant get it rebuilt locally?
I am trying to, but not sure they can get parts for it and I also wanted to rewire to have a single wire exciter. Internal regulator and rectifier

I found a shop in Moncton New Brunswick, MR. Starter and Alternator, who is willing to work with me to fit a 24 volt Delco 1 wire 10Si. I will post some pics in the next days. I would take the pics today , but we are in a snow storm (not really buts its snowing steadily) and its 0 Celsius , Maybe Monday when it warms up a bit.

This could be fun..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom