Will 4th gen runner sliders fit on my KDSS GX470? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I might pick up a pair of second hand White Knuckle 4th gen 4Runner sliders for my Gx470. The problem is that my GX has KDSS.

1. Can anyone confirm if I can chop off the 2nd mounting arm on driver side slider to make it work? (attached photo #1) It appears MetalTech sells sliders for kiss and non-kiss GX470's and the only difference is the driver side slider missing the second mounting arm. I've messaged White Knuckle but haven't got a response. Don't want to miss an opportunity for some sliders at a great price.

2. Do I need to modify the rear mounting arm of the driver side slider? I saw a Youtube Video where a guy installed his White Knuckle GX470 KDSS Sliders and the rear mounting arm wasn't 100% flat. It was angled up in a triangle shape. See the attached photo #2.

Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

I might pick up a pair of second hand White Knuckle 4th gen 4Runner sliders for my Gx470. The problem is that my GX has KDSS.

1. Can anyone confirm if I can chop off the 2nd mounting arm on driver side slider to make it work? (attached photo #1) It appears MetalTech sells sliders for kiss and non-kiss GX470's and the only difference is the driver side slider missing the second mounting arm. I've messaged White Knuckle but haven't got a response. Don't want to miss an opportunity for some sliders at a great price.

2. Do I need to modify the rear mounting arm of the driver side slider? I saw a Youtube Video where a guy installed his White Knuckle GX470 KDSS Sliders and the rear mounting arm wasn't 100% flat. It was angled up in a triangle shape. See the attached photo #2.

Thanks!

View attachment 2889381

View attachment 2889382

Hm. Looks like a solid "no".. You're the first, got any updates?

If you’re a decent welder, you might be able to re-purpose the sliders with your own brackets.

I have the KDSS sliders from white knuckle - love them - but the kdss side is particularly finicky to mount. I had to get a second slider delivered because the mounts on the first were off by an inch. That little bit meant I either couldn’t clear the lines in the back with the bent arm, or was pushed too far forward to mount.

In short: that special bend in the rear mount is 100% required, and the position of the mounts on the slider has almost no error tolerance.

There is a 1st & 2nd gen KDSS system also. The first takes up much more room on the frame. Hardly any frame left to bolt or weld to.
I was going to use Demello sliders, but they are stated for Gen II KDSS, and they confirmed would not fit on my Gen I KDSS ('03-'04?).
My 470 is a '04...
When I finally get my preferred sliders, I expect a lot of cut, weld and nut-serts, as I aim to bolt on...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom