Will 35s slow my 97 LX450 down too much? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gonna have to call BS on that one.

Perhaps he has fitted a diesel engine.........................oh no that would be 27 MPG :D

Seriously, I have not had a lot of dealings with the petrol versions but 14/15 is about the best I have seen here using imperial gallons.

regards

Dave

My brother put 35's on his '80 about a month ago. I warned him not to, knowing that these beasts can't spare what little acceleration they have to begin with. But after running it for a while, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. Try to get a new set of wheels too, that way you can switch out to the 33's when you want to go racing again.
I went with the 35's but will take them off after my spring trip to Georgia. I highly recommend a second set of wheels, that way you can go back to 33's in 30 minutes if you're going to use it as a DD for a while. I wouldn't want to tow a trailer with 35's, though in fact, I wouldn't want to ever HAVE tow a trailer again with an 80.

I ran 35s and a 4" lift. I didn't really see a huge improvement off road as compared to stock 31s. Granted I don't wheel the hell out of my truck but I think I take it further than most "normal" people would. I switched back to 31s and took off the lift. I have had no regrets the past 10 years or so. When I buy new tires in the next month or so I will go 33s and stay stock height.

Flat landers are ok with 315s 35s on 4:10s.
My in town driving is 10 mpg. When driving 60 mph all day non stop got 345 miles on 23 gal. once.... that's 15mpg. My Lexi does ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom