Why’s the right black for fj40 chassi (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi. I’m restoring an early 70’s fj40. I’m wondering why all the restorations I’ve seen. Great and amazing ones use glossy black on the chassi and axels. I tought/remember that they are supposed to be flat black. It look great. But what’s the best move🤔

I totally understand your dilemma and I looked around to find a black that was not too shiny, and not completely flat. I tried the Kirker Urethane Hot Rod Black in Satin and love it! I buy it from TP tools...see link below. If you want to just try it out, they also sell it in a quart size. (don't forget to get the activator as well as the paint).

Kirker Hot Rod Black - Satin

I totally understand your dilemma and I looked around to find a black that was not too shiny, and not completely flat. I tried the Kirker Urethane Hot Rod Black in Satin and love it! I buy it from TP tools...see link below. If you want to just try it out, they also sell it in a quart size. (don't forget to get the activator as well as the paint).

Kirker Hot Rod Black - Satin
Awesome. Thank you

I used a single stage satin hot rod black on my grille and bumper looks great on the exterior.it was a 4:1:1 went on really smooth and has held up well so far.
I would agree that glossy is not so desirable for chassis but perhaps the strong stuff comes in gloss only cause that’s what Dad used everywhere on the 40

794F28A4-2973-4434-9C65-A0A80ABDB9DF.jpeg
ADFA07EE-DEAC-4A92-81AE-DF01C1E38C91.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom