Why no rear seat belt install in FAQ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoGas

Central Scrutinizer
GOLD Star
Threads
I have been searching for the definitive rear seat 3 point belt retrofit write up for our "new" 62 and find many that mention different bits of information. Is there a complete write up anywhere? If so can it be added to the FAQ?

Thanks,
Dave

If someone writes it up, I'll include it in the Faq :)

Late did, early didn't. I have an 89 with factory shoulder belts, my friend has an 88 with retrofitted shoulder belts. Mine retract up top and into the side panels, as I recall hers has retractable lap belts with shoulder belts that clip in to the lap belt, and don't retract.

Any liability issues? I.e., someone posts wrong way to install and someone is seriously injured as a result?

Perhaps better to post factory install.

Bruce

Late did, early didn't. I have an 89 with factory shoulder belts, my friend has an 88 with retrofitted shoulder belts. Mine retract up top and into the side panels, as I recall hers has retractable lap belts with shoulder belts that clip in to the lap belt, and don't retract.

Hers would be the factory "simple" answer to the rear shoulder belt. I tried this (don't remember the part numbers now) but wasn't sufficiant for rear infant/child seat so I did the later 62 belts with some modifications. I posted on here years ago and will see if I can find the write up for what I did on my '87 FJ60.

Oh yeah, here is what I based mine on FJ60 Rear Shoulder Belts Installation Guide

Some pictures of mounting the retractors. Involved cutting.
seatblt3.JPG
seatblt4.JPG
seatblt5.JPG

Any liability issues? I.e., someone posts wrong way to install and someone is seriously injured as a result?

Perhaps better to post factory install.

Bruce

If people stuck to only sharing factory installs this would be a pretty boring place.:D

I think given the nature of this site and people explaining how they did it not explicit instructions we are pretty safe. If there are steps you are not clear on or comfortable with, then you need to get professional help.

I have an 89 with factory shoulder belts, my friend has an 88 with retrofitted shoulder belts. Mine retract up top and into the side panels, as I recall hers has retractable lap belts with shoulder belts that clip in to the lap belt, and don't retract.
Yeah, I bought the 1988 type that just clip to the lap belt. Not quite as pretty as the retractables, but they bolt in as long as the nut is in place in the upper pillar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom