Why is my Radio no longer playing? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The Radio on my LX470 just stopped playing. It turns on and displays the stations etc but there is no sound. Any idea what could cause that?

Does your CD player or anything else work? Most common issue is the amplifier under the passenger seat. Usually there’re some popping sounds before that signify its demise.

If you have rear seat audio try plugging in some headphones back there, if radio works back there then it’s very likely the amp

LOL, trying to find a CD around here. Just checked for the CD player and the radio came back up for a few seconds and went out again.
Will check rear seat audio.

also check your fuses under the dash (driver seat). ;) my fuse box is messed up and this specific fuse like to get loose and my radio goes off ... its a pain .

also check your fuses under the dash (driver seat). ;) my fuse box is messed up and this specific fuse like to get loose and my radio goes off ... its a pain .
yes but the radio is on and I can move thru the channels

Ok, I tried to get the CD going but I guess its not connected for some reason. I also tried to use the rear audio with headphones without success. So you guys think it's the Amp?

Ok, I tried to get the CD going but I guess its not connected for some reason. I also tried to use the rear audio with headphones without success. So you guys think it's the Amp?
Does your Bluetooth phone connection work in the left tweeter? Not sure if your year has that or not.
When my amp went, I got some popping noises and distortion and then eventually no audio despite display working. You can remove the front passenger seat and find the amp and see if the connection is ok.

Does your Bluetooth phone connection work in the left tweeter? Not sure if your year has that or not.
When my amp went, I got some popping noises and distortion and then eventually no audio despite display working. You can remove the front passenger seat and find the amp and see if the connection is ok.
2001 pre Bluetooth. How hard / expensive is it to replace the Amp?

ok, thanks. just need my basic radio.
I and others have sent the amp to United Radio in Syracuse, NY. Search for the threads on here. I paid about $513 in 2019 including shipping back to me. Turnaround time was like a day or two. Is yours a Mark Levinson stereo?

The rear seat audio comes straight from the radio without going through the amp, so if there’s no rear audio it seems like a radio problem and not an amp problem

any loose cables/wiring anywhere. speakers etc.? Truck was just in for AC condenser replacement but I doubt that they disconnected something

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom