Why don’t my warning lights work? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gday Guys,
This probably should be attached to my thread on relays, but I thought I would start a new one as I a keen to know what would cause me warning lights to not light up when the ignition is turned to ‘on’?? I don’t have a blown fuse in the fuse panel, and have given up getting lost in electrical diagrams and fsm’s... if I don’t get any help here it may have to be off to the auto electrician (which I really don’t want to do after spending $2000 in the past week on repairs / maintenance for an upcoming trip)... thanks heaps
Drew

So your problems are just limited to the lights in the left gauge? Does the temp and fuel level work? Most of the items in that gauge are on the same negative to ground.

If the truck is running and you deliberately stall it, do they light up? They should.

Inspect the fusible link plug for excessive resistance( melted plug/ discolouration ) I have had similar issues due to this ..

Indicators, park brake, tacho, dash lights, fuel /volt / oil pressure etc all work. It seems to be just the warning lights that don’t work (the ones that should come on when the ignition is switched to ‘on’... also, the pre-heat light has never worked (from memory)
I haven’t tried stalling it to see - but will tomorrow, and will report back...
Ps - aus spec, rhd hj61...
Thanks
Drew

On American versions it’s on the right hand side by the battery. Bussed off the positive terminal with three fusible links integrated into a three links via a plug assembly .. then into the wiring loom.

Just realized you have an hj61. I think the dash and warning light layout is a bit different on that. It looks like the lights are all in their own cluster. Either way, electrical problems are tough to diagnose online. I'd focus on cleaning up grounds. Especially if the warning light cluster has its own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom