(who stole my fuses?) mag clutch relay not getting power for AC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
With relay removed,, engine running, applying 12V+ to contact 4 activates magnetic compressor clutch, and AC works.

Contact 3 is not at 12V+ so I assume there is a blown fuse or bad connection somewhere.

I understand how relays work, and this is NOT a question solved by a new relay, it is a question about why contact 3 is dead.

I have checked fuse 22 under driver dash, and it is good.
50 amp fuse under hood is good as well

where can I check to see why 3 is not getting 12v+?

denso 4 pin relay.jpg

Last edited:
So my AC was dead after I had done a bunch of engine work where I had removed and reinstalled the mag clutch on the AC. I was sure it had to be the clutch so tested the clutch and it locked is power was applied so I concluded it wasn’t getting power. I was so convinced that I had screwed something up when I messed with the clutch that I didn’t check the most common reason a compressor won’t come on, which is no or low freon. Eventually I checked that and found I had a leak in the condenser. So, I was right that the relay wasn’t energizing but it was because pressure switch was working correctly.

I know it’s obvious to most people to check the refrigerant pressure first but, like I said, I did’t and went down the path of clutch and electrical first.

So my AC was dead after I had done a bunch of engine work where I had removed and reinstalled the mag clutch on the AC. I was sure it had to be the clutch so tested the clutch and it locked is power was applied so I concluded it wasn’t getting power. I was so convinced that I had screwed something up when I messed with the clutch that I didn’t check the most common reason a compressor won’t come on, which is no or low freon. Eventually I checked that and found I had a leak in the condenser. So, I was right that the relay wasn’t energizing but it was because pressure switch was working correctly.

I know it’s obvious to most people to check the refrigerant pressure first but, like I said, I did’t and went down the path of clutch and electrical first.
appreciate it, but this has nothing to do with my issue. Isolated problem to the 12v+ supply to the mag clutch.
compressor works, pressures good. in fact, i jumpered 12v+ to contact 3, and system works ,normal operation.

perhaps a A/C control fault is causing 12v+ to contract 3 to be shut off, but I'm going with 3 is always on or switched on with kp1or2

washmm, "htr" is where now? dang paper manual thinks there are fuses there too, 2009 lx 570

was checking the wrong fuse...

PXL_20210529_230608798_2.jpg

PXL_20210529_230630635_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom