Who has a 3.5L Taco supercharged? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

StinkyPig

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm looking at a manual TRD Pro to off road with my 80 and 40's. It will be my first Tacoma, not my first time driving one.
I have owned a number of supercharged vehicles but looking for insight on the magnason taco kit?
Any insight/experience?

I'm looking at a manual TRD Pro to off road with my 80 and 40's. It will be my first Tacoma, not my first time driving one.
I have owned a number of supercharged vehicles but looking for insight on the magnason taco kit?
Any insight/experience?

There's a pretty lengthy thread over in the dumpster fire that is TacomaWorld on the Magnusun supercharger kit. You might want to take look over there but you'll need to come right back to Mud for a detox cycle. Last time I looked they were having mediocre results on power. There are several people out there tuning the factory ECU getting significant increases in useable power without boost. That might be a better power:funds ratio.

I was already on a couple OTHER sites and yeah, you are spot on. I had to come back home to mud after my skin started crawling.

Ya, I pretty much skipped the idea of the supercharger and been looking at the various tunes avail.

The tune supplied by Magnuson is ultra conservative. With a 2GR-FKS long block pricing out around $20k, and Magnuson offering a 1 year warranty, this is no surprise. The charger unit is an Eaton TVS1900, the space to move up in power is vast, well beyond simply getting things properly sorted at the current 6.5 psi boost levels.

I have been considering both the ProCharger and the Magna. The Procharger will require me to reconfigure battery and air compressor location which is not ideal.
I have owned many Magnuson equipped vehicles and I am leaning that direction. They have always been excellent.

Magnacharger is installed and running. I also installed 4.88 Nitros and a front ARB locker. I need to finish some wiring but so far the truck is MUCH improved.
IMG_20220222_171156_01.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom