Whipsaw attendees please reply (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mud_Guppie

EBI Cruisers
Threads
Website
www.extremebends.com
I would like to know a head count, where and when

August 1 Monday is the Stat

Does anyone plan on being at the trail on Friday July 29th?
if so, who?

I've been trail boss on this run several times now but don't feel bad if you want to step on my delicate toes and leave without me

Who's coming?
Where do you want to meet?
I would prefer to meet at the campsite we met at last year if possible
I'll be coming up Saturday AM most likely. I'm unable to leave Friday morning as previously planned

If some of you want ot meet at my place, please let me know
otherwise, I can pick people up along the way if you don't know where to go
I'll try be leave by 7:00am

Do you want to head to Well Lake on Saturday? or Friday?

If no one wants to head in with me due to me being late or something, I'll head to Wells or Loadstone by myself if needed

Bring lots of water, sun goop, and bug spray

I was thinking of going, just not sure when yet. I cant leave friday as a bunch of us have rented a party bus for the Crue concert. It also my 36th birthday that night, and I recently found that a buddy of mines stag is that night , kickin things off at the concert as well. Saturday morning is starting to sound very painfull.
So..I might run into you..or I may not..hows that? :p

Is there anyone going? Where was MM going again...

gb

whats the time and how long are you guys going for .. over night or the day I'd meet you on sat morning..

I can leave Fri after 430 (from downtown) or Sat am. Prefer to go back way to Lodestone.

tmd

Petra and I are talking of going. Both on holidays next week...so Friday for sure. Have not decided early or late.

gb

lindsay and me want to go too, might leave late saturday or even early sunday, should catch up somewhere though. Last week of school leaves little time to get truck ready, just a little frame repare to do. And the 3.73's will got to do, may need to take falcon hill with some speed. just giv'er

Hey Jim, i think Im gonna go Ill show you what a real 60 can do :p

Dan

Kewl...that will be a few 60's there then, as Poo would be going too...

gb

wipsaw

I'll be going up Friday morning around 9 or 10. Where are we spending the first night? Steve said , he's coming up Saturday through the "Friday creek" way and camping Saturday night at Wells Lake. If we are spending some time at Loadstone, I suggest we base camp there and do day trips out. If we want the best sites, those of us going on Friday can grab them. But I'm not going to sit there and wait until Sunday for the Saturday crew to show. If we are camping at Loadstone, the people coming in the long way can still make the trip easily in a day.

Somebody really should come up with a plan. It's starting to seem that this "club" dosen't like to organize anymore. Plus lack of participation on runs is quite alarming.

Craig.

I've got a well organized run for you Craig, if you don't mind driving 14+ hours to the Tumbler Ridge area! :D
Cheers,
Deny

I talked to derrik yesterday, his internets not working, but he and his moma are going and I think he's leaving after work on friday and should be up there sometime saturday morning.

If only Derek's computer was working, I could bust out some momma jokes. O well.

We're going to have a lot of people showing at different times by the looks of it
I'm sure some people can meet up with other members to make sure everyone gets to where they're going
there are a few forks in the road and active/recent logging has changed the area a bit as well
Friday Creek Hill is not accessible (hasn't been for a few yrs now), you must use the main Whipsaw entrance.
I've invited a few customers as well so there will be more diesels and another JeAp.

I'm leaving around 7:00am Saturday (so far). I'm going to try and leave earlier but no promises

I like the campsite Bill found last yr. It was a nice shady spot and would make a good meeting point for members who are not familiar with the area. Bill?? do you want to collect people there?

Steven T.

anyone have utm coordinates of the camp spots? this would be most helpful as i have never attenmded this event.

gar, you comming to collect your $15, or you bringing one of the runner's

Spread out Toyotas

Except for Traci, nobody has specified where they are going to camp. Traci and I will be at Loadstone lake on Friday (as long as she still goes). I propose we base camp there and do day runs from Lodestone (don't know which spelling is correct).

If you know which end of the trail (Wipsaw or Coalmont) you are going through, please post soon so we can hook up the people who don't know the way in.

If you plan to come in the Wipsaw end (near Eastgate), please specify if you are camping at Wells lake the first night or driving through to Lodestone. Just a guess, but I seem to remember it takes about 5 to 6 hours from Eastgate to Lodestone via Wipsaw trail and 1.5 going in through Coalmont.

Craig.

Hi Craig...

I've only ever been to Whipsaw once, and that was accessed just past the Coq tool booth. Turn right, and we found the fresh trail (at that time) that went over the ridge and hooked up with the main road.

So...when you say Whipsaw end, is that the main route, as opposed to the one I am familure with?

We are Friday...just not sure morn or afternoon.

You ever been up there on the Aug long weekend?

gb

The easiest way in is from Coalmont. There are a few forks but when you leave the town it's only about 20-25 minutes to camp. This my recommendation. As everything listed below on the trail is within easy day trips from camp. I like this way because I can get rid of my gear at camp and have lots of fuel for playing. Also Lodestone can (sometimes) fill up very fast. Getting there early is a plus.

The way you came in that time, I would guess at being the hardest. Over the years there has been alot of active logging on that side. Remeber the trouble we had getting in last time? That was with GPS. I tried a few years ago and, even being through there, it took me about 1.5 hours to find the trail.

Going in the Wipsaw end is the second easiest, but the most time (and gas) consuming. About 11 min. past Eastgate gas station (last one) is a small road to the left with a sign "Wipsaw". You take this past the ranch (on right), old mine (on left), then continue until you hit a fork. The left fork drops down and over a small bridge, don't go that way. Take the right fork. After this I can't remember if there are any more forks (if so, i believe you stay to the right). You should pass a cabin with grave on your right side, then go through Wells lake, go up Falcon hill, pass the main hill climb (on left), pass the mud pits (on left) and finaly see Lodestone on the right. As usual I will be camped on the backside of the lake (if available when I arrive). Remember, going this way is 85% wheeling (not high speed) and takes about 5-6 hours from the highway. Beautiful run if you do it during the day (hit the trail no later than noon), could be other traffic on it as well.

For those coming up Fraiday (to Lodestone), either meet with Traci or I will figure out a way to mark the trail. I am not taking the time to mark the trail unless I know for sure people are going this way.

I checked today and our Topica forum does not seem to be working. Can someone please inform Traci of this and redirict her to this one. I don't have her email.

Thanks, Craig

Sorry Greg, didn't answer all the questions. Except for last year, Ive been up every August long for 6yrs. I beleive it was 2yrs ago I got snowed on. Most of the main "yahoos" that go up camp at Wells lake and pass by Lodestone on there way out the last day. That's why I like Lodestone (less bugs as well).

My recommendation is always go through Manning Park and take one of the trail ends Eastgate or Coalmont. The Coq side looks nothing like it did that year we came in, mostly clear cut.

I will try to provide more info or ideas to me guiding you in if you wish. In the past I have left camp and met up with people in Coalmont to guide them to the lake. It sucks gas though and if I do it I only want to come out once. So a specific time (give or take) will have to be arranged.

Anybody heard from Bill yet?

Craig.