Which winch are people using with the TT hidden winch mount? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CharlieS

GOLD Star
Threads
I understand that it is made for the ComeUp Seal 12.5, but other winches have been fitted. Can you share what you used (and if you relocated the solenoid, where you mounted it)?

I picked up a used TT HWM from another Mudder, and am trying to figure out the best path forward. I got some advice from the winching forum that Warn is the way to go, but no specific model, since that sub forum isn't 200 specific.

Hey Charlie -

I just ordered mine from Trail Tailor this week. I will be installing a Warn 9.5XPS. I plan on relocating the solenoid / controller to the engine bay. I will be posting in my build thread.

- Mark

Because I use the winch maybe twice a year, I went with the Smittybuilt X20 12k with synthetic line. The solenoid was relocated to a "custom" bracket made from some bent scrap metal and mounted behind the grill. I'll find some photos and add to this post.

Smittybuilt x20 12k with synthetic line as well - I liked the price, had one on my 100 series for years in Chicagoland and had no issues and it is Ip68 waterproof and has a wireless remote.

I'm also running the s*ittybuilt x20 12k with synthetic. It seemed like a pretty good value at the time.

I use a Xeon 12.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom