Which Wheelskin size for an FJ60 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What is the correct size for a Wheelskin wrap for a stock '87 FJ60 steering wheel? The circumference of the grip is pretty small and I don't want to have extra material overlapping in the inside. Thanks.

I saw that but I was wondering if the BX size has the right circumference.

I wrapped my steering wheel with tape to bulk it up a little. I used what ever size the vendor recommended.

I used their recommend size and took my time wrapping it tightly. Been great for about 10 years now...

What kind of tape did you use?
I used a silicone tape. It doesn’t have adhesive but is stretchy and sticks to itself. It is expensive though so something else might be more economical. I remember thinking at the time I should have used vinyl electrical tape. But what I did has been fine for 10+ years.

I've seen that silicone tape. I may try that so as not to have any adhesive on the wheel if I ever remove it.

"Bulking up" the steering wheel with silicone tape is an interesting idea that never crossed my alleged mind. The wheel on my 85 FJ60 is a way skinny son-of-a-gun. I have a lace up Wheelskin but have not yet installed it. Silicone tape would be my choice over electrical tape for sure. Years down the line electrical could be a real mess should you want to remove it.

"Bulking up" the steering wheel with silicone tape is an interesting idea that never crossed my alleged mind. The wheel on my 85 FJ60 is a way skinny son-of-a-gun. I have a lace up Wheelskin but have not yet installed it. Silicone tape would be my choice over electrical tape for sure. Years down the line electrical could be a real mess should you want to remove it.
“...my alleged mind...”:rofl:

For what it's worth....says "15 to 16 inch" This is the Wheelskin lace up for my 85 FJ60
IMG_20200915_073049.jpg

Not as nice as Wheelskins, but this is what I ordered in the "A" size. It fits tightly around the outside of the steering wheel, but there is some overlap where I stitched it together - not enough to notice or bother with though. That width should be correct for your cover, I wonder about the outside diameter.

FWIW, I put this on 2 years or so ago and I daily drive my 60. I am now seeing some wear on the finish, so I don't think its as durable as the Wheelskin cover from what I've heard.

I just got the wheel skin installed the BX was not the right size for me. I sent them measurements with pictures and they sent me a custom one. It fits absolutely perfect. The size was 15 ½ x 2 ¾ . Stock 87 60 steering wheel

LandoNick, Thanks for the info. That is what I was looking for. I was not looking forward to wrapping tape around first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom