Which Tacoma you guys loving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I daily drive my 2000 TRD 5 speed with lift and mods. 125,000 miles and going strong.

IMG_3149.jpg

Dig those wheels! Prairie

I'm loving my 2001 Prerunner. It's been more reliable with 140k on the clock than our late model Jeep.
I'd like to have 4x4, but with good tires and picking a good line and knowing when to turn around, I haven't had any issues yet. Tows pretty decent too. Mines a stepside, which is fun and sporty but annoying for the lack of bed space over the wheelwells

2001 extended v6 4x4 Trd manual..has been very good to me for the past 9 years at 190k or so.

20200131_221643.jpg

Last edited:
@clx16 I've got a no name tent that looks identical that I'm going to mount to my truck. Sweet.

Pretty sure we have the same tent. I saw your posts in the rtt thread. I think you got it on Amazon like me for 1.4 or 1.5k. my memory might not be the best. I can help you with the mounting if you plan to use a ladder rack like me. Will save you hours and hours of planning. I also put it on my 80 and have some unique ways of mounting it on there too.

Ahhh that's right. OK thanks I'll probably hit you up in the spring as I don't have a definitive plan for mounting yet.

So unless it falls through I am going to look at a '98 Tacoma 2WD tomorrow morning. I just want a small pickup that will get me around and help me get stuff from point A to B, no big deal that its not 4WD. The asking price is $1,500, miles a bit high 236K but it has a new clutch. Will see how it drives. Most likely it was in the frame recall. Later in the AM I spotted a small Leer Cap on a pickup. Looks similar to the one above on @DJB1's except it has a few inches high raised roof. Its so ugly, I love it.

Tacoma.jpg

Patch up the rust on the fender and run it.

Its home. Ran like a champ!

98 Tacoma.jpeg

I’m in the market. What year and model do you guys love?
I subscribe to the less is more mindset at least with regard to my Tacoma. Pictured is my 1999 Tacoma, I purchased new in 1999. Basic 2.7ltr, 4WD, 5 speed manual, rollup windows and yes she does have a/c. Tough as nails and likely the best vehicle I ever owned. She is stone stock except for some cosmetics.

IMG_7050 (1).JPG

IMG_2769.JPG

I'm partial to manual-everything poverty-spec regular cabs.

View attachment 2211498

Same. And that's why my 2003 Doublecab is now manual front hubs and manual transmission (came with the j-shift case). Too bad its a 2003 and has the sh*t ETCS-i... :( I would love to get rid of that sh*t. Prob easier to just buy a different truck without it and start over though. :(

So ya, I'm impartial to the 1st Gen DoubleCabs, and the better years are 2001 and 2002.

My old 2002:
attachment.php

My current 2003 (old pic before manual hubs):
06704730464c76aa8638d3a2241fef5a.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom