Which Tacoma you guys loving (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here are current pics of my Tacoma. Just washed! Love this truck!

IMG_20210226_130543785_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210226_125327020_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210226_125316667_HDR.jpg

Hello fellow Tacoma fans! I'm totally new to this site/forum- a friend recommended it- I'm (sadly) looking to sell my white 2000 Tacoma (V6 4x4 TRD) and looking for ideas on the best way to go about that. I'm in northern Idaho now (since 2019). I think it lived In Nevada originally. I purchased it from a Toyota dealer in San Diego in 2007 (it was traded in) with 80k miles and it was in San Diego until 2019. Now's it's at almost 162k. Runs great! Just looking to switch to a more kid-friendly truck. Appreciate any ideas or guidance on the best ways to find a new owner!

facebook market place, there is a classifieds section here and craigslist. Clean it up and take good pictures. Since you are in ID you are going to need to get good pictures showing the underside. Provide a list of things you have done to it and when. For example when I sold mine, i included the pictures of the truck with the full interior removed where i cleaned up wiring and cleaned the carpet etc. I included what Oil I used, what oil filters I used and when I changed the timing belt. Included the brand of timing belt, water pump etc and then described all the issues i thought would be "next" to deal with, Like in the next 40k you will likely need to do a clutch replacement, and new ujoints. Mine sold in about an hour from a posting on craigslist and there was no one trying to negotiate with me.

If you are the person who is ready to sell and has been for a while, or lost passion for it and the cleanliness and records show that, then list it accordingly. The more honest you are in the ad the more serious responses you will get.

I only appreciate the looks of the 1st generation Tacoma, single cabs. Not a fan of their "fail deadly" lower ball joint design, however.

Still have mine, running strong at 136,000 miles. Just upgraded the stereo system.

IMG_3149.jpg

Hello folks - somewhat a noobie. Have a bone stock 2000 3.4 ext cab stick 4x4 TRD SR5. Have had over a decade. Was a daily driver & now will be turned into a work truck. Thinking of a homemade flat deck. Any mod ideas welcome. Need to open up air movement & stance to start. Basically what are my options. Also looking to sell the topper & possibly the bed. HAPPY LATE 4TH taco lovers. A tree removed the bug guard & I got the paint job from the PO.

20230710_113921.jpg

20230710_114020.jpg

20230710_113952.jpg

What kind of work? The pull out beds are very cool and seem to be sold second had for cheap a lot. Would be an easy way to pack a job up if your work will allow it.

Pressure washing. I have an intricate bed in mind to handle different skids possibly stake sides for options a tilt would be a dream

What kind of work? The pull out beds are very cool and seem to be sold second had for cheap a lot. Would be an easy way to pack a job up if your work will allow it.
Pull out bed ? Are you thinking of the drawers that slide out the length width of the bed ? 6 ⁸ inch deep ? I'm a bit more to the service bed, with the 2 or 3 doors on the side

This red truck not mine

1989-toyota-pickup-with-reading-aluminum-utility-bed-22re-1.jpeg

They have these trays that slide out with all your tool boxes or workbench stuff attached so you essentially just slide everything in and out to do the work right at the back of the truck but you don't have to change the bed. Makes packing up easy too.

The service beds are nice though like you have pictured but people buy those up quick for the small trucks as they are rare.

6767_5_lg.jpg

They have these trays that slide out with all your tool boxes or workbench stuff attached so you essentially just slide everything in and out to do the work right at the back of the truck but you don't have to change the bed. Makes packing up easy too.

The service beds are nice though like you have pictured but people buy those up quick for the small trucks as they are rare.

View attachment 3371246
Yes I'm quite sure they disappear quick. Also extremely limited in options when compared to a flat deck with boxes underneath on either side of the wheel

Yes I'm quite sure they disappear quick. Also extremely limited in options when compared to a flat deck with boxes underneath on either side of the wheel
I do like those systems if I were working with lots of tools supplies, the organization would be nice. I plan to run a pressure washing setup. Pull hose to hook up to the property & a working line for the gun & surface cleaner

I'm partial to manual-everything poverty-spec regular cabs.

View attachment 2211498
Are those FJ Cruiser Steel wheels painted? Or what are they? and what size are your Geolanders and lastly what's your suspension setup? I just bought a DCSB 2003 Tacoma to add to my never ending collection of stuff... and this is definitely the look/clearance I'm going for... looks great by the way. I have similar 33" geolander MT g003 on my FJ62, just with 70 series wheels and I absolutely LOVE them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom