Which clutch slave cylinder do I need? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

cc93cruiser

CRUZAHEAD
Threads
Hey guys... My clutch slave on my 71 is going out and I'm looking into replacing he while cylinder rather than rebuilding it.. I've rebuilt one on a 78 year's ago and know that there is nothing to it, but on my 71 I don't know the condition of the cylinder wall need my 40 up and running the 1st time I dig into it...
My question is, the 40 is a 71 with a later 4 speed tranny that was installed by previous owner.. I'm not sure if I need a slave cylinder for a 70-74 or 74-80... Don't know what the differences are but know they differ between those years I listed.. I have a pic that I enclosed, hope it helps ....Thanks advance..

20150301_202601.jpg

If you are using a 1971 clutch master cylinder, then you need a 1971 slave cylinder. Toyota made three different cylinders that all looked the same externally, but they have different sized pistons, and will not react properly without a "match".

Ok, so a picture of the the clutch master cylinder prob wouldn't help?

it depends on weather they installed the newer slave when they did the clutch my 70 has a 78 slave on it with no problems .the early 60s had a much smaller diameter slave and is easy to see .68 to 78 i have changed back and forth for years with no problems but there is always that one time i geuss

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom