Which bluetooth stereo did you buy? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm shopping for a new stereo w/bluetooth for my 1993 FJZ and was wondering what you guys have installed and why?

I've always had good experiences with Kenwood this one was on sale at the time. Truck already had Alpine speakers and they sounded much better after replacing the cheapo stereo someone added along te way. Paired it with a kicker amp and 10" sub and it sounds pretty great. Bluetooth works great for calls and Spotify.

I am also partial to Sony. For me a screen for a back up camera is nice. We also get audio books from the library so the ability to read a disk is also a plus.

I had a shop do the install but I had them put in an amp and new speaker wiring too. It’s a fairly easy install. You can get the wiring harness adapter that makes it plug and play to the factory wiring.

Thanks man. I’m gonna do this upgrade in October... I really like that Sony. It has good reviews too.

I got this one Sony XAV-AX5000
I wanted the CarPlay option as well as Bluetooth. I’ve had it for almost a year and it works great.

I have this one too
It's been good. Had a couple of glitches, fixed by going through the menu and restoring factory settings.

I bought mine thinking it was capable of connecting to two phones at once (I have a company phone and personal phone) but it doesn't.

Simple install, and has a strong speaker output, so no amp is required

I got an older version of this a few years ago when I chucked the original stereo:
Amazon product ASIN B006RAGWOKamazon.com/JVC-Single-Din-Bluetooth-Connection-ALPHASONIK/dp/B006RAGWOK/

I really like that it does 2 phones, streams from any app and most of all it auto connects everytime.
I wish I would have gotten a unit with screen for a backup camera, and possibly with navigation built in, but I'm adding a backup alarm soon and a ram mount for a wireless charger for my phone coming out of a unused switch hole to make up for that.

Just remember to deal with the factory amp, no need to remove it, just unplug it.

I'm running an older Kenwood KDC-BT362U. I went with a basic single DIN as I have my HAM face plate mounted below it and the CB in the old ashtray slot. I run a dedicated GPS on the dash as I've had issues with cell phone GPS in remote areas. Bottom line is I just wanted to be able to stream music and have hands free phone usage. It fit the bill.

1569335226454440.jpg

I bought this Joying 7 inch double din, suppose to arrive today so hopefully it works out.
I have an older model of that from a few years ago (in my wife's vehicle) and like it, the only thing I don't like is that I can't stream to it from my phone, so I'd like to know if they added that feature in the current models.

I have an older model of that from a few years ago (in my wife's vehicle) and like it, the only thing I don't like is that I can't stream to it from my phone, so I'd like to know if they added that feature in the current models.

I'll let you know how it turns out. I haven't put together an install thread before but I'll give it a shot.

I just finish buttoning up a new Sony 1000 in my 92 FJ80. Fits nice and looks almost stock in its fit and finish. The matte black surround matches the matte black plastic of the FJ80 perfectly. Really nice fit. It is for my 16 year old's birthday on Thursday. He will be the final judge on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom