WHG423 Has a New FJ60! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello all,
I have lurked on this site for many many years. I had an 1990 FJ62 I sold about six years ago. One of the worst decisions I ever made. I loved that truck I have missed it dearly. I Recently sold my Nissan Frontier to fund the search for my new Cruiser. (Best decision I could ever make!) I couldn't afford one of these $18,000 + eBay ones, so I knew I was searching for a project. A couple of days after having cash in hand A 60 popped up here that seamed like a good fit. After lots of conversation, I scheduled to go check it out on Saturday.
My sweet wife woke me up Saturday morning by whispering in my ear "Wake up, let's go find your Land Cruiser" I love that woman :)
We drove up approx. 100 miles away and I was very pleased with what I found.
A Clean, rust free 1986 that was shipped up from Texas last year. 248,000 miles. Sale included new SOR carpet kit, Complete 3" OME Dakar lift kit, extra set of wheels & tires, and boxes & boxes of parts! She's a dirty girl but with lots of potential. I was quick to exchange cash for Cruiser and get to work! Feel like I got a heck of a deal!
We loaded all the parts and headed home. Took the scenic way home 194 miles through the beautiful VA mountains she ran great for the most part, few idol issues, but I got home in one piece.
Here she is back home!

See pics below.

Last edited:
Guess my links didn't post correctly, I'll work on that!

looks like a good find to start a new project on.

Congrats!

With photobucket you need to post the "IMG" tags.

Fix them! I wanna see :D

Thanks Guys! I bought it off Here from BigWalker. It Came from TX a year or so ago. She is dirty, dirty! What are my plans you say? First thing is first. Clean, Clean Clean! Day one I stripped the whole interior, scrubbed down the inches of dust and grime that had accumulated over the years. Then I installed the new SOR carpet kit that came with sale. Man it fit great and looks fantastic! Lets try pics again.

The way I got it:

So Begins cleanup!!

Carpet looks great! I have lots to do. I ordered the SOR dash pad, 62 style morrors and a host of other parts to repair or replace missing and broke items. Also bought a brush guard that popped up on eBay this morning. I got her licensed today and took it on the first drive around town. So Nice to be back in a Cruiser! Lots more to come!!

I've had the Cruiser one week now! I Love this truck so much. I cant stop messing with it or driving it. Feels so right! Here is what week one has brought. Of course the Carpet kit. I picked up some new all weather floor mats. I like these a lot. Also got new pedal pads. I have sanded and painted the frame on the driver's side as well as polished the two left wheels. This includes painting center caps, hubs, and brake calipers. Big job here, they were all very much in need of freshning up. This helped the looks of things tremendously! Also, the UPS man begin arriving. He brought me a new shift knob and 62 style black mirrors from CCOT. I like these mirrors much better than the stock 60 ones. He also brought my brush guard I bought off of eBay. got it painted up and mounted today! :)
It's no ARB, but I cannot afford that luxury at this time, plus lots of people rock the ARB and I like being a bit different. I'm not planning on serious wheeling, so no need for a winch. I like it - especially for the price.
Couple of other things, I replaced the hideous trailer lights mounted on the front fender with the correct OEM ones, Painted the rear vents that had faded, And last but not least, a set of Yakima bars I got locally on Craigslist. Week one has been fun!

Forgot the pic of mirrors and bars..

Took the family to the park yesterday. There is a small creek crossing there. No serious off roading, but fun to get wet nonetheless. The wife wanted to take pics.

Today the SOR fairy came with my dash pad, tail light lenses and guards. I laid the dash pad up to see how it will look. Seems to fit pretty well and sure looks better than a cracked dash! We'll have to see how it goes in.

nice 60, thanks for the pictures.

Thanks! I like the guards. I had them on my 62 years ago, bought them after I backed into the corner of the garage and busted my lens. I knew immediately after buying the 60, I'd be ordering a new set. They are nice quality and I like the way they look. Kinda a pain to mount due to lack of instructions and having to drill for them. Just take your time and they turn out just fine!

Really nice pictures. Carpet kit looks great, dash pad, cleaning.

You're saving a classic and I thank you for it :)

Today I wrapped my steering wheel with a Wheelskins cover from SOR. This thing is awesome! It fits like a glove and feels awesome - not to mention smells great! Hides my scratched up wheel nicely. If you haven't got one of these, do it! It takes over an hour to lace up and your fingers will be sore, but - No pain, no gain! While the wheel was off, I pulled the instrument cluster and dyed it black with SEM vinyl dye. The greyish factory color was scratched up and didn't look so hot. This is MUCH better!

Been Loving my 60' and driving her a lot in the past couple of weeks. Found it is running best on premium fuel, especially likes the non-ethonol fuel, but that is hard to come by around here. I've been continuing to clean and spruce up. I got all wheels polished including the spare and most all of the frame sanded and painted. That is a BIG job! I Installed a Uhaul hitch that I bought off Cruiseryard. Happy to have a hitch on. Just finished a few minutes ago, too dark for pics. I'll get some later. Done a few other little things. I did manage to dig up an old pic of my 62 I used to have.

Always miss your first Cruiser :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom