Where to take an old radiator? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently replaced my radiator when I saw some coolant dripping from my frame, and after getting it out it was obvious that it’s time had come. Now I don’t know what to do with the old one. Not really interested in cutting it apart and scrapping it, but putting it in the garbage doesn’t seem right either. Other than put it on the corner with a FREE SCRAP METAL sign, I’m not sure what to do with it. Any ideas?

I think theyre made of brass if its an OEM radiator. May be worth taking to a shop and having it repaired/painted and resell it. They go for 200-400 on ebay.

I think theyre made of brass if its an OEM radiator. May be worth taking to a shop and having it repaired/painted and resell it. They go for 200-400 on ebay.

That's not a bad idea. Though I paid about $350 new for OEM, I suspect there are very few new OEM left. This one would definitely need to be recored, at a minimum, to be viable. The fins are disintegrating, and there may be holes in the tanks, too.

I gave mine to Able Radiator Repair and I think they recycled it after scavenging the fittings off it, the guy said some of the fittings are hard to find. I imagine any radiator shop would take it to recycle, they get money for the brass scrap. Much better than putting in trash and not worth going to the scrap metal place over a couple dollars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom