Where to Mount My XM ! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Gents
I am most likely going to pull the trigger on a XM head-unit for my 2004. Nobody can get the Vais unit I have to work so I am going to have to get a regular XM kit. That said..

In my old LC80, I mounted the XM Commander where the ashtray was. It was perfect, looked good, fit well and blended in nicely with the dash. I am thinking about the same thing, but also at different options. Two questions for you guys..

1. Where did you mount yours, (and what type of mount)
2. Does anyone have a bracket that fits into where the ashtray goes? I don't care about destroying the current ashtray, I am never going to use it.

Thanks and creative solutions and pics are always helpful!

i got my antenna all the way in the back on the roof in the middle. i ran the wire up along the ceiling, tucked in on the passengers plastic panels above the doors. came down along the A-pillar, between the dash and the windshield, and up to the display deal that is on my windshield next to my radar detector. then have the tape deck and cig lighter power wires coming down hanging in front and taped up. pretty ghetto lookin, but it works :)

Anyone got a good bracket/mounting manufacturer.? Or mounting supplier for component mounting of GPS, Xm and other crap?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom