Where to find an Independent Commercial Importer in California? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey,
I was hoping someone could help me with this. Read a great article in the FAQ, however, I am at a lost trying to find an ICI. I searched online but did not find anything. I have found the vehicle I want in Japan, now I just need to find out how much everything else would cost me before I get this vehicle.
Thanks,
Eric

I don't think this is possible. Currently, there are a few importers in Canada who are bringing very clean RHD Landcruisers into their country. However, these vehicles cannot be legally imported into the US from Canada. Good luck, Bret

Is it that they cannot be imported, or that they cannot be registered for various reasons? I know some folk who would be glad to import an overseas 'cruiser and "keep it on the farm", so to speak.

Well, if the rig can be legally imported than you can register it. If you're not concerned with registration, consider the following: 1. Buy a nice JDM from Luxury Imports or Outback Imports. 2. Pick up a temporary 2-7 day registration in Canada and drive it back home. Customs in Blaine, WA. told me in so many words that this is perfectly legal and they wouldn't hassle me if I did so. But then what? I guess you could drive it around with another rigs' plates on it-or perhaps you have another plan? :confused:

I always figured a dealer demo plate would work.........if you happen to know someone with a car lot ;)

89GASHOG said:
Well, if the rig can be legally imported than you can register it. If you're not concerned with registration, consider the following: 1. Buy a nice JDM from Luxury Imports or Outback Imports. 2. Pick up a temporary 2-7 day registration in Canada and drive it back home. Customs in Blaine, WA. told me in so many words that this is perfectly legal and they wouldn't hassle me if I did so. But then what? I guess you could drive it around with another rigs' plates on it-or perhaps you have another plan? :confused:

I'm that guy that can drive without tags, at night with no lights, a mattress tied to the roof with twine, on the wrong side of the road because I forgot what country I'm in and not get pulled over. Knock on wood. But seriously, if you keep a truck off road, on a farm or something, do you need to register it?

OZCAL said:
I'm that guy that can drive without tags, at night with no lights, a mattress tied to the roof with twine, on the wrong side of the road because I forgot what country I'm in and not get pulled over. Knock on wood. But seriously, if you keep a truck off road, on a farm or something, do you need to register it?

The general rule is... if its wheels roll on a public road or highway (driven, towed, parked - don't matter), then it must be registered. Some farm vehicles are exempted.

M

But then what? I guess you could drive it around with another rigs' plates on it-or perhaps you have another plan? :confused:
Beware,
In most states this is registration fraud, a felony, good for a long vacation with the state. You will also be driving non-insured, really bad idea.
eric:doh:
P.S. The best solution would be to put the "another rigs plates" on and get really drunk, if you are gonna be stupid you should have a "good" excuse ready, officer "I was really drunk when I decided to put the plate on and drive around, without insurance or legal registration"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom