where stock lx can go ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
planning on road trip this year , colorado , nevada ...
like to see ; area 51 , death valley , hoover dam , grand canyon .
me and wife , staying in hotels .one week to spare
easy off roading will be nice , please share same ideas
`14 lx570
i forgot ! 70 lbs golden retriever / irish setter in tow .

chandler_oleary_river_road_zigzag.jpg

I'd say check out Capitol Reef national Park while your in Utah. Miles and miles of dirt trails within the park that a stock LX would be fine on (as long as its not rainy). I started (and camped) up in the upper left corner of this map around 8000ft, where it says "Elkhorn Road". You then drop way down around 5000ft into the park (all on dirt). Just follow Cathedral Road (all dirt) south east all the way to Highway 24. Nothing like the other national parks, so vast, but so few people because the majority of the park is only reached by 4x4. I did Yellowstone and tetons prior but i enjoyed this part of Utah much more. A solid 3-4 hours on dirt, didnt see 1 other person.

https://www.nps.gov/care/planyourvisit/upload/Unigrid-map-July-2018.pdf

Attachments

• Unigrid-map-July-2018.pdf
    617.3 KB · Views: 76
Most of the Alpine Loop in SW CO would be fine. I did all but Engineer pass into Ouray in a stock 100 series a few years ago. Very cool jeep road most at or above treeline!

Alstrom Point outside of Page, AZ (Horsheshoe Bend and Slot Canyons)
Google Maps

Valley of the Gods
Google Maps

Moki Dugway
Google Maps

Canyon De Chelly
Google Maps

Goosenecks State Park
Google Maps

Monument Valley
Google Maps

Dead Horse Point Moab, UT - a few nice trails here that will bring you back to Moab
Google Maps

Capitol Reef Utah
https://goo.gl/1JW4YD

Of course Moab - you can do the La Sal Mountain Loop.
https://goo.gl/rVez4m

There is also Bryce and Zion sort of nearby. I know a lot of these are paved but there are some amazing scenery out there.

Have fun!

Saline Valley rd in Death Valley will be just fine. With a good spotter and some rocks (or other means of minimizing the height) you should even be able to go through Marble Canyon and over the ledges. Lipincott pass should be doable, too.

wow ! thanx guys ..this should keep my LX busy for next 10 years :)
I'm serious ....thanx.

Since you mentioned Big Bend Ranch State Park here are some photos. If you get into the backcountry on the interior of the park you will do great but will have scratches you will need to buff out. Here is a typical 4wd road. It is some gnarly brush that shreds clothes. It is great fun but very remote. Make sure you are well prepared if you get onto the 4wd roads. I was there for 4 days in November and did not see another vehicle in the backcountry.
IMG_4262.JPG
IMG_4263.JPG

That is Mexico in the distance. The drive between Presidio and Lajitas, TX is the nicest drive in the state IMHO.
IMG_3219.JPG

Google Maps

Valley of the Gods
Google Maps

Moki Dugway
Google Maps

Canyon De Chelly
Google Maps

Goosenecks State Park
Google Maps

Monument Valley
Google Maps

Dead Horse Point Moab, UT - a few nice trails here that will bring you back to Moab
Google Maps

Capitol Reef Utah
Google Maps

Google Maps

There is also Bryce and Zion sort of nearby. I know a lot of these are paved but there are some amazing scenery out there.

Have fun!
You just nailed it!! Nice 3 week trip.

Google Maps

Valley of the Gods
Google Maps

Moki Dugway
Google Maps

Canyon De Chelly
Google Maps

Goosenecks State Park
Google Maps

Monument Valley
Google Maps

Google Maps

Capitol Reef Utah
Google Maps

Google Maps

Have fun!
When you do the Moki Dugway drive it both ways, I have found the downhill direction to be more scenic. Another scenic drive is Schnebly Hill Rd. downhill from I-17 jst below Flagstaff Az, down into Sedona, Az.

Google Maps

Valley of the Gods
Google Maps

Moki Dugway
Google Maps

Canyon De Chelly
Google Maps

Goosenecks State Park
Google Maps

Monument Valley
Google Maps

Google Maps

Capitol Reef Utah
Capitol Reef National Park

La Sal Mountains

Have fun!
I assume you can camp anywhere at the end of Alstrom Point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom