Where my okies at? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm researching camp sites and where I wanna stay and re-up on food and all that. I'll start a thread when I have more figured out.

When you download the GPX file from the following link to the advrider page into Garmin BaseCamp it gives an extensive list of fuel, camping, eating and other stops of interest along the Oklahoma Adventure Trail. You probably have already seen that but if not it is a great planning tool.
Making of the "Oklahoma Adventure Trail" | Adventure Rider

That's all news to me Kirk, I'm a bit overwhelm by the mapping options, so is base-camp worth the $ to open all the features? I'm pretty early in my research of all things over-landing. I really want to just get out and drive and experience, but I know if I'm unprepared it will be more stressful than I'd like it to be.

That's all news to me Kirk, I'm a bit overwhelm by the mapping options, so is base-camp worth the $ to open all the features? I'm pretty early in my research of all things over-landing. I really want to just get out and drive and experience, but I know if I'm unprepared it will be more stressful than I'd like it to be.

Garmin BaseCamp is a free download. I have posted a link at the bottom. It is very worthwhile. After downloading BaseCamp you can import the GPX file from the advrider page. There is an option to use different background maps with BaseCamp but to get started you can do a lot with the one you get free with the download. There is a list of camping areas on the left and they correlate with their icons on the map. You can plan your route on your PC then download it to a portable GPS for the trip. BaseCamp™ | Garmin | United States
Map IMG_7594.JPG

Last edited:
I'll play with it, thanks!

I'm tired of the inactivity in our oklahoma forum, so anyone still live here??

Rob from Lake Eufaula. 00 lx with some goodies. Always ready to wheel.

Should be back in OKC in May '18 (Currently in Okinawa, japan). Will be brining my '93 HDJ81 back with me.

Hello Matt browne here. a 62 a 80 and a 120 such fun to be in this club i am in tulsa.

Jeff from Norman. 99 LC.

Hey! Just moved my 76 FJ40 back to my parents' in Locust Grove from Colorado.

BTW, turns out I have an oil leak. We are talking about pulling the engine and replacing all the seals and gaskets when I am home for Christmas. Anyone in the area that has pulled a 2F engine out of a 40 before and would be down to help us not fxxx it up? I can pay you in food and beer!

Hi Guys!

@mreedbmwm3 look in the Green Country Cruiser Clubhouse thread for Tulsa Meeting updates. We typically meet first Wednesday of each month, for May, it's delayed till the 9th due to Cruise Moab.

Still on schedule to arrive OKC on 30 May. Question for you import guys; was the process smooth for registration in OK? Im worried I'm going to blow their minds with the Japanese VIN.

Havn't done it. @cansis you got any buddies that have gone through this?

Havn't done it. @cansis you got any buddies that have gone through this?
No, but there was a guy at the OKC meet at Cruiser Corps that has a JDM diesel 80 Series. I think he bought it from an importer in Missouri though.

Anybody up for wheeling at disney this sunday meet by the dame yellow pipe fence by Hogans at 10 am on 7/8/18

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom