Where is the manifold temp sensor on a 2F? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
I should remember this, but I no longer have a 2F in my 40: the carb cooling fan is triggered from a manifold temperature sensor right? or was it the coolant temp sensor? If it was the manifold temp sensor, where exactly did it sit? And where did the electical wires run from said temp sensor?

I'm trying to put everything back together (even wiring) and its becoming less trivial as it's taking me longer and longer.

Thanks,

On my 75 fj40 their are 2 collant temp. sendors both are on the top of the head on the drivers side toward rear of motor. I believe the rear 1 goes to temp guage and front 1 goes to smog.
Do not know if that helps.
What year are you working on?

[quote author=petescoffee link=board=1;threadid=4479;start=msg33559#msg33559 date=1061416123]
What year are you working on?
[/quote]

I am working on a 1978, but there is now a 3F-E in it and I want to get the cooling fan to properly switch on. There is a normally a manifold temp sensor on the 3F-E (mine doesn't have it, it came from Canada so don't know if that's why), but wondering if I could just use a 2F's. I thought it was in the head, but like you thought that was the coolant temp sensor. I still have the two-pole plug sticking of the firewall above the rear head area but can't remember where/what those are, nor track them down in any wiring diagram.

on my '79 2F, there was a temp switch, under the manifold between the carb and firewall. I don't think I ever would have seen it if I didn't have the motor out of the rig. The switch was mounted in an "L" shaped bracket made out of thin metal strap. The switch had 2 wires coming out of it but not sure how it's wired.

[quote author=3_puppies link=board=1;threadid=4479;start=msg33563#msg33563 date=1061417520]
The switch had 2 wires coming out of it but not sure how it's wired.
[/quote]

Do you know where those two wires ran? Did they go into the firewall? If so where? Thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom