Where did you relocate your Diff breather to? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just as the title says I am wondering where you guys relocated your Diff breather to? I relocated mine in the gas fuel cap on my FJ but it was too low and water would get in there. While I do not plan on going in water that high in the GX I want to relocate it higher just in case. Also did you make your own kit or buy the ARB?

The ARB kit is outrageously expensive for what it is. Buy some bulk vacuum tubing and some inline fuel filters and you're in business.

I made my own and ran it up high into the left quarter panel (bottle jack compartment area) on my 4Runner. I figured if water gets into the diff breather there I have bigger problems.

The ARB kit is outrageously expensive for what it is. Buy some bulk vacuum tubing and some inline fuel filters and you're in business.
Yeah that is what I did on my FJ and will probably do on this one.

I made my own and ran it up high into the left quarter panel (bottle jack compartment area) on my 4Runner. I figured if water gets into the diff breather there I have bigger problems.
That is probably more sealed off than the gas cap. Good idea, I think I will do that. Thanks!

Has anyone used axle bellows? I was thinking of doing that. Basically an expanding container that allows a sealed axle but with room for expansion as pressures build up.

that sounds like a good idea with less probability of contaminants getting into the axles...

Still curious on how they hold up at high speed/temps...if they have enough volume to offset without blowing by a seal.

I ran the tubing up to the firewall. Took me an extra 10 minutes to run and secure the line but I like the finished project.

2015-08-16 12.18.01.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom