Where can I find a 24 volt DC 40 amp relay (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello,

I am wondering if someone can help me out with where to find a 24 volt 40 amp relay.

I am installing a stereo in to my BJ-74 and have gone a little over board so I need up to 40 amps (20 amps under normal load) to run the thing. I purchased an ICT2412-40 converter and would like to have it controlled off of my ignition in case I forget to turn off my stereo. I was going to use a relay to do this.

If any one knows where I can find some such a relay, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Todd

Thanks Stone,

Do you know if that is a Canadian Part Number or US?? NOt that it should matter however my Hella Supplier (NAPA) in Ottawa was unable to find that part number?

Do you know if there is another part number associated with it?

Thanks again,
Todd

Maybe they don't carry that item in their inventory. The part number is right out of the Hella Catalogue. Try another Hella dealer and see if you have any luck.

I just called Lordco in Langley...and WOW! These HD relays are NOT cheap! $60.98 my cost, which is usually 30% off of their ridiculous retail pricing. There's one in the warehouse and three in Tsawassen...and it's an item that's in regular inventory for them. HTH...go see Lordco if you really want these.

You might also want to see what Cole Hersee has in terms of HD solenoids. These are able to switch more than double the amperage of relays and are often a lot less money. I'm thinking somewhere closer to $20-30/ea. Good luck.

I've been using a miltary relay that is tough enough for Cruiser use. Extremely tough and likely capable of 100A. I have a few new ones in stock for $60cdn plus $5 shipping in Canada.
relays 002.jpg
relays 004.jpg

hey is there a NSN # on that relay. I might be able to get into a whole wack of 24v stuff at work if i can get a lead.

That BAC# may help.

Thanks LowenBrau,

How do I go about buying one from you? Can you send me details to ts@magma.ca.

Thanks,
Todd

Thanks alot Bruce !!!

Now if only my head unit and amp would arrrive so I can actually install my stereo and finally have some tunes to listen to.

Hello,

I see you guys are talking about 24 volts system, etc.

Was wondering does anyone know how much load can a 24 volt alternator really take? I have a 1HZ imported from japan and has have this for 10 yrs now.

Over the years I've installed quite a load on my cruiser and that last electrical (all of which i really do need and use) bit that i just recently figured out how to install is the most important, an Aux fan for my radiator as it gets real hot when I'm stuck in traffic.

I haven't plug in yet the relay for my Aux fan to be sure but i had an electrician check it and says my 24volt 40amp alternator could still take it and says that i should just keep an eye on my battery gauge. But how true is this?

To give you an idea on my load, I have 2 pairs of fog lamps. One pair is a 100watt, the other is a 60 watt. I have a GPS for anti theft, and a camera and monitor for when backing up. Which in my case is all essential as this is my DD.

Does anyone have info? I'd appreciate it. Thanks guys.

Talk about resurrection! I was almost ready to send Bruce a PM for one of those relays. :lol:

Tumbler, you can do it a couple ways. One is with an amp meter with all your normal running accessories on. The other is to add up the amperage draw of all your major power hungry electronics. You can use this power conversion calculator for the stuff you have only watts for: http://www.jobsite-generators.com/power_calculators.html.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom