Wheeling trip The Cove in Gore VA June 4-6 , 2020 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I assume we will be on Club Freqs. The last time I tried programming them on my own, I could hear but could not participate in the conversation. As I will be arriving independently and at odd hours, would anyone want to walk me through programming the right info into my HAM so I can reach out when I get there?

Does this help? Channels 2, 4 & 6 are repeater channels. They will not work without a repeater on the air. We will have a repeater on the air at the Cove for Fall Crawl.
Clipboard02.jpg

I assume we will be on Club Freqs. The last time I tried programming them on my own, I could hear but could not participate in the conversation. As I will be arriving independently and at odd hours, would anyone want to walk me through programming the right info into my HAM so I can reach out when I get there?

Are you using the high quality Baofengs? I had a similar issue at first until I realized I hadn't put in the DTCS which was my problem for not being able to speak.

Who else is bringing pew pew things for some range time? I've got a new AR to break in.

I was thinking of bringing a knock off CZ that was gifted to me to test out.. just gotta get some 45 ammo.

Who else is bringing pew pew things for some range time? I've got a new AR to break in.
Hold on a minute- you mean we can wheel and hit the range? Oh man this sounds fun.

Are you using the high quality Baofengs? I had a similar issue at first until I realized I hadn't put in the DTCS which was my problem for not being able to speak.
No... a Kenwood... but it is likely something very similar. I thought I had programmed it properly but clearly... I am just stupid.

No... a Kenwood... but it is likely something very similar. I thought I had programmed it properly but clearly... I am just stupid.
The club frequencies are GMRS (General Mobile Radio Service) freqs not Ham freqs. If the Kenwood is an off the shelf ham radio it will not transmit on the GMRS freqs because they are outside of the ham bands. There is a mod to fix that. Google Kenwood model# mods.

26 = Pass !!
Besides 26 puts me in a select group with my friends

Jeff and I will meet you later tonight!

No Mitches allowed.

1590604452708.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom