wheel questions (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to find a spare wheel to mount a spare tire for my 1984 bj 60,
i have been searching to find what wheels from other models will interchange but nobody seems to have that info available, i will be going with 235/75R/15 tires !

also would 31 x 10.5 15's be to much to fit inside the stock whell wells { this is my daily driver grocery getter that see's occasional off road family camping trips }

thanks kevin

Kevin,

Even though I drive an fj60, I'm pretty sure your bj60 is nearly identical in all respects except for that lovely diesel motor you've got...

A used 60 series wheel from the NA market should work great. They are 15X6" and lots of used ones are around.

31X10.50's fit fine on the 15X6 wheels, and work great with the stock suspension. You're speedo will be off a bit, but shouldn't be too bad.

HTH

Yeah, why not a spare wheel from a Cruiser? Disc brake 40/55/60/70 and solid axle HiLux/mini all share the same wheel.

Last edited:
I am running 31X10.50. They fit inside the well, and into the spare compartment under the truck. They are about perfect for a stock geared 60.

M

Mike S said:
I am running 31X10.50. They fit inside the well, and into the spare compartment under the truck. They are about perfect for a stock geared 60.

M

I have to second that, ran them for years on the stock wheels when this was the wife's truck. I think the NA spec 60 should have come with a 31X10.50 option.

Upgrading to 31x10.50s made my cruiser much happier- I could hit 65 or 70 mph without the poor thing sounding pissed at me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom