Wheel fitment/compatibility (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, was looking at these steel wheels on my 1996 Cruiser and wanted to see if the bolt patterns would be compatible?

I have stock tires and rims now and they’re new Yokahama Geolanders and would like to keep those but replace the wheels.

Bolt pattern would likely work but only a small part of the equation there.

15 inch rims will not clear the calipers on your 1996 without grinding which is not advisable. Also 5 1/2 inch wide rim is extremely skinny for a big fat heavy 80 series. Also your tires If stock should be 16 inch and would not fit a 15inch rim

Look for stock Toyota Tacoma steel rims if you want that style on your 80 series and reuse the tires. Or pony up and get some OEM 80 series steel wheels.

If you have stock Wheels and a 1996 then it has 16" wheels and bigger brakes then the 91/92 FJs which had 15" wheels and smaller brakes. The 15" wheels well most likely not fit over the brake calipers, if you go with a 16" steely it will have the wrong backspacing so you would need wheel spacers to make them work.

You can run the 16” Steelies without spacers but you will lose an inch of width on each side. You would need spacers if you want to retain the same track width.

What’s the reason for wanting the steelies? Looks?

The OEM 80 series steel wheel is hot in my opinion but looks a good bit different than the one you posted.

Ya, just looks...for some reason I seem to recall the UN/NATO Land Cruisers with the skinny tall and tippy look with the narrow track width like a Land Rover Discovery, and had this type of rims.

I am kinda worried about the addl weight vs the factory alloys. I don’t plan to crawl with it, just a decent long distance Cruiser that can still go off the beaten path with a rooftop tent at some point.

I personally like the factory alloys there super strong and 8” wide. I have never Heard of anyone breaking them. I rock crawl my rig and beat the crap out of them with never an issue running 37s. If it that look your after I have seen Guys on this forum run Steele’s Search Texas poverty Pack build I believe he had them.

I found what I was thinking of...the tires look taller than what I currently have tho.

F53C504D-2155-4574-868A-74C55E7C8E4B.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom