Wheel balancing and load E tires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Glad to hear. Don’t forget about Costco for tires and balance/rotation service. I believe I was out the door for around $1300 for all 5 tires and install.
Also, Costco's are all over the country and they stand by their products and warranties! If you can find the tire and size you want at a Costco, that would be my first choice!

The local Costco won’t put any tire on a truck or suv than what a larger than the OEM tire. It has been the same way for years here - other Costcos will do it but not here.

• Sad
Reactions: r2m
The local Costco won’t put any tire on a truck or suv than what a larger than the OEM tire. It has been the same way for years here - other Costcos will do it but not here.
That sucks...

Problem solved! Road force balancing did the trick. All 5 wheels had to be rebalanced. 2 wheels had to be deflated, then tires repositioned on the rim to a specific spot measured by the Hunter balancer. Apparently they see this quite a bit with E load KO2s. Other brands typically balance fine but KO2s in load range E don’t seem to be built evenly. Oh, and the other shop sold be lug nuts that were too short and wouldn’t grip enough so I had to buy new ones. Overall super happy. Can cruise to work in peace and quiet again, little things haha!

Having the heavy spot properly positioned on the wheel is imperative. Glad that you got this resolved. Heading off to Discount here shortly to have some Load Range E KO2's installed on our 200, hopefully Discount gets it right the first time haha.

Last set of Ko2 e rated tires I owned had one that could not be balanced. Tried everything, I recently went to a c load and they are much nicer(for me at least). I ran E's for so long and the C's are much more comfortable for me. I haven't put them to the test though. Time will tell, I may end up back on E's.

Problem solved! Road force balancing did the trick. All 5 wheels had to be rebalanced. 2 wheels had to be deflated, then tires repositioned on the rim to a specific spot measured by the Hunter balancer. Apparently they see this quite a bit with E load KO2s. Other brands typically balance fine but KO2s in load range E don’t seem to be built evenly. Oh, and the other shop sold be lug nuts that were too short and wouldn’t grip enough so I had to buy new ones. Overall super happy. Can cruise to work in peace and quiet again, little things haha!
Damn - that is some work. Nice! Wish I knew about them before.

New set of Load E 275/70/18's put on at Discount and no issues.

P9bCe2o.jpg

Aluminum OEM wheels are rarely ever out of round (inner or outer flange) but tires always are. Some OEM tire and wheel assy operations will match up the low point of the wheel with the high point of the tire but not all. Same concept as “ride match” or “road force balancing”

Retail market tires don’t come with the high point marked on the sidewall because the wheels aren’t marked for low point on a used car. You gotta pay extra usually (does discount still charge extra?) for that “road force balancing” otherwise the ”tire tech“ will just slap the tire on and balance it.

New set of Load E 275/70/18's put on at Discount and no issues.

P9bCe2o.jpg
@Tex68w like the stance, any rubbing issues? considering 275/70/18 as well. I've heard mixed reviews if we can get away w/ it. A susp is eventually going to happen, but not yet.

Last edited:
No rubbing issues under normal circumstances but I haven't yet had it flexed out or twisted up to see if it rubs then. I have a set of Spidertrax 1.25" wheel spacers coming next week so we shall see if it rubs then. I fully expect I'll have to remove the small front mud bumper mud flaps but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom