Whats your favorite JEEP? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I was about to say please tell him to get new rims!

The old Land Rovers are cool, IMO. A friend has two, one of which is diesel powered while the other is slated for a diesel transplant fairly soon. He'll readily admit that they're not as reliable as a Cruiser, but he loves to tinker.

I owned an '81 CJ-7 back in the 80s. There's just no comparing that POS to a Land Cruiser. Other than the engine, which was OK, the mechanicals of it were light duty and broke easily in winter streetdriving. 20 years later I bought a '76 FJ40. This was an obviously superior vehicle, even after 20 extra years of aging.
My favorite Jeeps are the J-10 pickup and the Willys high hood- CJ-3B?

My brother had a 1963 CJ-3B and loved it. Sold it as he didn't have the time to mess with it anymore. It was a great vehicle, he enjoyed it.

I had a 1996 Jeep ZJ and it was great to us. Sold it to my dad and he loves it, been great to him as well.

I have no complaints from the jeeps I have owned. Would consider and am considering another. Cruisers and Jeeps get along just fine together in my family. Have and enjoy both, don't see why not... I also enjoy my 1978 Dodge Ramcharger immensely. Our Subaru Outbacks have taken us on lots of reliable adventures as well, and still are.

Last edited:
The maroon 1979 CJ7 I learned to drive on. 258 - 3 speed manual, hard top, no rear seat from factory, factory am radio and mail jeep sized tires. Basically the poverty package with a hard top. The old man gave it to me in 1987 after he used it from when it was new as a dd r/t Brooklyn from LI every day. she was a great jeep, and I was hard on her, she loved to catch air, and break shock mounts. ;)

My 1979 CJ7.

304/T-18/D44 rear

15781230_10212002800729240_3043913484698641007_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom