What's up with the avaiability of Toyota Red Coolant? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Went with the Red in my rig a few weeks ago (was green when I got it), paid $15/gal for the full strength coolant using my dealer’s wholesale online parts portal (easy enrollment). Ordered and picked up same day.

Hope you flushed well! I like your price better than mine. I didn't feel like reading a bunch of threads on coolant so just went to my dealer as well - Long Life Antifreeze Coolant (Red, undiluted) was available (@$32/gallon). I'll get it elsewhere next time but needed it today. Just another data point on availability.

I have read that 50/50 isn't recommended for the 1fz...is that real? Mine came with Red (but PO probably took it to dealer so maybe it got 50/50). Getting ready to flush (and yes I know about green but I don't feel like going through that many flushes or reading coolant threads). I'm not a chemist, why would 50/50 be bad? Other than the price.

The recommendation is for 50/50 in the cooling system in most geographical locations but buying it as a premix is more expensive than buying as a concentrate and mixing it yourself.

Just bought some red on Tuesday. In stock at the dealer.

I got some too. Just need the distilled water now for a coolant flush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom