What's On The Grill Tonight? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Picked up some boneless chicken qtrs from my local carniceria and
will throw them on the grill. Also got some fresh cilantro.
Maybe do up some beans with chorizo, fawk I don't know.
But it will turn out great, and I'll put it on some flour tortillas along
with some habanero sauce.
Whish I could join you. After all these years and no pics. Man, send me a pm so I can buy you a camera. :flipoff2:

it is not a camera issue.
I just don't know how to transfer my pics from my phone to the computer, and then post on Mud.
My oldest son knows, but each time he shows me it gets a little terse because I ask questions.

Well, I added some extra seasoning and tossed on the grill. Opened a can of corn and added diced red bell pepper, poblano,
and sprinkled in some cumin and chili powder. Son made his style of messican rice, and had it all with a hot buttered flour tortilla.

Very tasty…they were. Mild tasting with enough of its own fat w/o needing to add.

IMG_8279_Lively.GIF

IMG_8281.JPG

IMG_8282_Lively.GIF

Its been a few years since I've had and used a "grill"...my 23" Komodo-Kamado being the one. But, since downsizing, I rarely need/want/use a "grill" these days. Steaks, chops, burgers, etc., taste way better with full contact/sear in a cast iron or carbon steel pan/griddle.

Anyone else on this path?

I do more in cast/carbon steel than I used to (steaks, burgers), but I haven't totally transitioned away from the grill. I guess the remaining grill duties lean largely in the roast direction - indirect heat for a tri-tip or spatchcocked chicken followed up by a quick sear on the hot side.

Butt

I've been using a couple of carbon steel Lodge pans for the past 5 or so years at home and I bring the large one with us on outdoor trips. We also have a Lodge cast iron griddle that fits pretty snuggly on our Kovea campstove.

Pictured below is our old Coleman stove and a borrowed sauce pan. Prepared mac 'n cheese in alum tin and chops on the griddle.

IMG_5793.JPG

Threw a large pre-seasoned Angus Tri Tip on the grill last night, along with some Linguisa sausage,
and grilled up some yellow squash to go along with it.
Nice to have a little change, today is windy as we are expecting a small rain event rolling in on Mon night.

I don't know, thinking about some linguini with a white sauce and shrimp tonight.
I have been going through the Kingsford a lot lately.

Well, did not fire up the grill.
Cut medallions and flattened them
Seasoned flour and fried in bacon grease and butter.
Served on a bun with cheese n stuff.

Wish I could post pics,
Mondo Beef Ribs going to hit the grill in another 30 min.
They will get a small sear and a good hit of Pecan wood.
When they hit a mahogany color, they will be pulled and wrapped
and on to the oven at 225F for about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.
Then set up some Thunder Beans, and maybe a salad
Well, bacon with some lettuce, you know.

Damnit, I'm a King.
Those ribs turned out like no others I've ever done.
They were already cut, not in slab form.
Grilled, and wrapped. Into the oven at 300F for 45 min to almost 1 hr.
It also helps that I was given some very good ribs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom