What’s everyone driving when you leave your LC home? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I drive my 80 quite often, say 500-600 miles a month. It’s think it’s the perfect vehicle other than mpg. Everyone’s always saying how slow their 80s are which I don’t really agree with. They’re obviously not fast but how fast are y’all trying to go?? I’ve desired passing power and maybe some more grunt on steep hills but for the most part I can accelerate/cruise just as i need without really wringing it out. I split the rest of my driving time between a Subaru Outback 3.6 and some seasonal summer cars, all of which are faster than the 80 but the performance of the 1fz feels just right for the platform. I’m also a speed limit guy maybe straying +/-5mph. Im on 33s, a 2.5in lift and stock gearing. But I would LOVE to LS swap eventually.

Leave it home...Leave it home? What does that even mean? Those words are foreign to me.

I'd guess my other cars are at the other end of the spectrum or close to it. The LC was really for my wife, although it's been a gift to me too because I love working on it. She drives a Tesla Model 3 most of the time. I just turned in my lease on a Toyota Mirai Hydrogen Fuel Cell car, and since I'm working from home full time, didn't feel the need to get another one. So I'm driving my 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, which is the funnest car I've ever owned, or my 1971 Fiat 124 Spider, which I've owned since I was 16, or my Vespa.

IMG_7679.JPG

photo (8).JPG

Great question! I pondered a cheap beater car for a while, but I hate front-wheel drive and wanted something interesting, fun, and reliable. Couldn't find much that qualified until found me a 2005 Lexus IS300. Rear-wheel drive, inline 6 (Supra-style), quiet, smooth, great power, go-cart handling, and relatively cheap. Not the greatest fuel mileage, but relative to the 80 it's stellar.

I'd guess my other cars are at the other end of the spectrum or close to it. The LC was really for my wife, although it's been a gift to me too because I love working on it. She drives a Tesla Model 3 most of the time. I just turned in my lease on a Toyota Mirai Hydrogen Fuel Cell car, and since I'm working from home full time, didn't feel the need to get another one. So I'm driving my 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Cabrio, which is the funnest car I've ever owned, or my 1971 Fiat 124 Spider, which I've owned since I was 16, or my Vespa.

View attachment 2915988

View attachment 2915989
Awesome! My summer duty cars are a 95 Miata and an 90 bmw 325 so our interest aren’t too far off! I tried to make sense of the 500 abarth back in ‘15 but went with a 2016 VW GTI instead. Gti was great but has since been sold.

My daily is a beater, and keep a 'GT' car for hwy runs.
My druthers lie squarely with turbo cars, tho I own none atm. One day, perhaps.

Great question! I pondered a cheap beater car for a while, but I hate front-wheel drive and wanted something interesting, fun, and reliable. Couldn't find much that qualified until found me a 2005 Lexus IS300. Rear-wheel drive, inline 6 (Supra-style), quiet, smooth, great power, go-cart handling, and relatively cheap. Not the greatest fuel mileage, but relative to the 80 it's stellar.
Niceeee I’ve always wanted an is300! Tough car to find in the proper spec and condition!

^I wanted an IS300, really hard to find a clean manual one though

I'm daily driving an RSX. It's a great commuter, then the land cruiser comes out for work and play. I wish I was driving the land cruiser exclusively but I gotta save it from the salt and I don't want to wear it out or risk a collision doing boring daily tasks. Plus I gotta have one to drive while the other is taken apart.

I'm daily driving an RSX. It's a great commuter, then the land cruiser comes out for work and play. I wish I was driving the land cruiser exclusively but I gotta save it from the salt and I don't want to wear it out or risk a collision doing boring daily tasks. Plus I gotta have one to drive while the other is taken apart.
Ya, agree. I tried finding a manual IS300, but those I found for sale violated my self-imposed "cheap" criteria.

Love me an Rsx as well! Like the is300, I don’t even see those around anymore being that I live in the North East. I’d imagine the ones that stuck around in the area too long have been driven into the ground and ultimately scrapped/parted.

When I don’t drive the one cruiser, I drive the other one.
82468744-E850-47E6-A133-9CC6E469402F.jpeg

😂 yea, good point. Maybe I should get some other colors for Thursday and Tuesday. 🤔

1965 Mustang that I bought 20 years ago while in high school, or (more likely) my wife's Honda Odyssey.

View attachment 2916017
Very cool, and great shot! That back drop is perfect with your car in front of it! And since we’re all friends here I’ll back the mini van! They’re so comfortable, easy to drive, and with the utility of them we should all be driving mini vans!

Resized_20220122_113748.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom