What’s a good H3 LED Fog Light Bulb? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m still running the stock oem H3 bulbs on my stock fog lights.

I’m hoping to upgrade just the bulb (not the housing and not add 3rd party fog lights) to an LED H3 bulb that fits into the stock oem location.

I’m reading comments and some people are saying that the H3 LED bulbs are not as good as the stock halogen ones despite the LEDs being 3x brighter.

Anyone run good replacement H3 fog light bulbs that throw good light going forward?

Something like a morimoto 2stroke 2.0 or 3.0 whatever they are up to now. The thing with LEDs is HOW they put out light matters more than how bright they are. All halogen stock housings are designed with the light source at one point IE the tungsten coil in the bulb. A good LED replacement bulb needs to have the LEDs in the exact same place as a halogen bulb for the most light to be reflected in the proper light distribution. If not the output is terrible. You get what you pay for. TBH the fogs really don't put much light other than at ground level so its not really worth it IMO

I was looking for an easy way to upgrade just the fog bulbs, but I see this requires more customization than I want to do.

I might just get new H3 halogen bulbs that are as close to 6000K as possible the match the color of my HID headlights.

Right now my H3s are too yellow. I have 6000K spot lights, 6000K HID headlights, and like 3000K standard H3 fog lights.

So, no improvement other than to match the brighter white color of my HIDs

Anyone use these?

Amazon product ASIN B00U1OL23YPHILIPS 12336CVB2 H3 CrystalVision Ultra Upgrade Bright White Headlight Bulb, 2 Pack
3600K, 55W, 12V, $28

RECON H3 12V 55W 4600K Headlight Bulbs in Diamond White, $36

Last edited:
The only perceptible difference is that the light will a bit blue and you’ll be 30 bucks poorer.

The only perceptible difference is that the light will a bit blue and you’ll be 30 bucks poorer.
I kinda figured that out, so I ordered an inexpensive set of H3s from Amazon for $11.99/pair. They were 5000K, 55W, 12V and now all my lights are closer together in terms of brightness. After looking at my HIDs again, I think they are closer to 6000K because the less bright lights are now the 5000K H3 fog lights.

Auxbeam square fog lights = 6000K
HID headlights = 6000K
H3 fog lights = 5000K

When the cheapy H3s go out...I'll get another set of H3 in 6000K to match the rest of the lights. I just hope the cheapy ones last 3 years or more.

By the way, if I wanted to improve the fog lights...a retrofit from a company that takes stock fog lenses and adds real fog lights that throw lots of lights forward is the way to go. For a stock look, that's the best option, but it was more money than I wanted to spend...like way more.

EC7A55C7-8645-4231-B241-87345E0A6CA5.jpeg

129E31CE-CB7D-4322-9729-85F7D79639D8.jpeg

My daytime running lights are yellow! Arghhh

At least they last long enough to turn yellow.
When I removed the stock oem fog bulbs, I was surprised to see the made in Japan original Koito stamps on the base. And they looked new!

So Lexus really sealed the fog light housings good

At least they last long enough to turn yellow.
Omg…my cheapy set of h3 halogen bulbs from Amazon burned out at 13 months.

I’m looking for another set. Might try LEDs from AUXITO 6500K for $30…not much brighter but hopefully last longer than 13 months.

IMG_6065.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom