whats a 55 cost? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That's a variable question - I've seen complete pigs from $350 - $20k ... need more info to give you a better figure. Generally speaking - the less rust on the body the more it's worth with late models being the most desirable.

Tucker

Show us pics of what your looking at and we will be much more helpful unless you are just thinking and havent found one yet. I got mine for a buck so that would have to be considered the low end. I have seen them go for 20k though so it just all depends as Tucker said.

In Ca... you should be able to find one for less then 1K. That will most likely be one thats going to need some sorta work. The cost of pigs are on the rise. There were less then 1.14 million produced at Toyota from 1967-1980. And parts are hard to find unless you network.

I paid $2500 for mine a year ago. Some rot, 350/TH350. Body is straight, all original parts with it, bucket seat conversion. I probably paid too much, but I really wanted a Pig. Your best bet is to post up a pic to let us see it. Be prepared to hunt for parts, luckilly most Pig guys are good folks, and willing to help others out. Good luck, Hodag

yeah... there really is no consistancy in price from state to state. Whats worth 500 bucks in one state might be worth 5000 in another. I have seen a few in your state for well under 1000 bucks that were decent and needed some work.

here:
fj.jpg

I paid $1500 for a bone stock '72 in the SF bay area about six months ago. Everything was there & everything worked (other than the clutch MC).

Typical rust & a few smallish dents.

The only PO mods were some goofy shackles & aftermarket stereo.

If its as clean as it looks like jealous because you dont see that here in the east. Is it in good running driving condition? Mileage? Interior in good shape? Looks like it could pull a good price though.

DragonFly said:
In Ca... you should be able to find one for less then 1K. That will most likely be one thats going to need some sorta work. The cost of pigs are on the rise. There were less then 1.14 million produced at Toyota from 1967-1980. And parts are hard to find unless you network.

I thought there were only ~113,000 pigs produced...according to some of the info i have...

Just from your pic. - I'd say it's worth $2.5k-5k ... maybe more depending on the amount of rust and what's been done to it. A '75 has the 2F and 4-speed which are desirable, but not the disk brakes (unless it's a '9/75+, but then it would be considered a '76), PS, or AC from the factory.

Are you buying or selling? It's a nice looking pig BTW :)

Tucker

I recieved pics of this truck and it looks really clean.

Definitely a good buy for some one in the Bay area.

Rob

In 96' I paid $1500 for a 72' in good running condition with the usual rust on it. It all depends on the area and how bad they want to get rid of it. The way that one looks i would have to agree with tucker74 with the 2.5K-5K range. But for some, cash in hand may change that

I have manufacturing info from a toyota japanese website. I just made a mistake with the numbers....rounded it up, but rounded it up just a little to dam far. my bad

I would say closer to the 5k but that might just be since I'm int he east. If someone brought out a pig with little to no rust I dont know what I'd do. You could probably get more like 3500-6000 I bet out here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom