What year is my HJ45? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Recently bought an HJ45 advertised as a 1978. Got the title in the mail and the title reads 1980. I can't find a data plate on the doors, door jambs, or firewall. My VIN ends in 037427 (title and frame stamp match), and every thing on this truck seems to indicate 197X vs 198X. I can't seem to find a chart showing production dates for non-US trucks. Before I go to register and title this in my name, I'd like to make sure I know the right year. If it is a 78 (vs 80) should I try to have the title updated? Thoughts?
20151218_071905.jpg

Recently bought an HJ45 advertised as a 1978. Got the title in the mail and the title reads 1980. I can't find a data plate on the doors, door jambs, or firewall. My VIN ends in 037427 (title and frame stamp match), and every thing on this truck seems to indicate 197X vs 198X. I can't seem to find a chart showing production dates for non-US trucks. Before I go to register and title this in my name, I'd like to make sure I know the right year. If it is a 78 (vs 80) should I try to have the title updated? Thoughts?View attachment 1183302
Nice 45 and welcome to the club. I can't help with the year but I'm sure there are people on here that can. Try asking in the FJ45 owners club forum here on MUD

Hi Rob

Welcome to ih8mud.

That beautiful HJ45 is a July 1979 model (based on your VIN which is the most accurate way I know of for dating it).

But I'd expect to see the square bezel because my July 1979 BJ40 has a square bezel, so maybe a PO has changed that aspect.

As for dealing with the authorities to try and make a change, unless they're considerably easier to deal with in your country I'd definitely give that idea a miss.

:beer:

Marbles -
Thanks for the reply - I've seen several of your posts and can tell you know your stuff. If this is a 7/79, and the title reads 1980, then I'm fine with that. Perhaps I'll change the bezel. Given your familiarity with this era of diesel cruiser, would you mind if I reached out to you occasionally with questions?

Marbles -.......... Given your familiarity with this era of diesel cruiser, would you mind if I reached out to you occasionally with questions?

No probs Rob. I'll answer whatever I can .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom