What year did track width change (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I tried to find the answer and I think I have it but I am looking for confirmation.

I have a 1992 HZJ73. I believe it has the same track width front and rear.

I believe the wider front axle on 70 series is only 2007 onward.

Is that correct? I tried to verify on my own by sometimes my google-fu is weak.

Yes, it changed in 2007 to accommodate the change to the V8 engine. It's approximately 100mm wider at the front

Thank you very much!

95mm.

My 2002 HZJ76 has a rear axle that each tire in the back rode 3/4" narrower on each side.

Corrected with spacers for now, but down the road if I run out of more pressing matters to deal with I may try to replace it with something that corrects this....

Not sure if that is what you mean or not, but food for thought...

image.jpg

My 2002 HZJ76 has a rear axle that each tire in the back rode 3/4" narrower on each side.

Corrected with spacers for now, but down the road if I run out of more pressing matters to deal with I may try to replace it with something that corrects this....

Not sure if that is what you mean or not, but food for thought...

Righter, wow, didn’t realise this. I thought it only changed in 2007 for the VDJ V8 engine?

Most vehicles don't have exactly the same track width front to rear. For example, WMS to WMS, should be within about 1/4 of an inch tolerance.

40/55: 55.7" FR, 55.6" RR
60/62: 58.9" FR, 58.3" RR
Narrow Front #J7#: 56.2" FR, 55.6" RR
80: 63.3" FR, 63.5" RR

The major difference in FR/RR track width in the 70 series came with the introduction of the 1VD engine with MY07.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom