What would it take - 4x rotopax swing-out for slee rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I saw this on Expedition portal, and thought it was a great idea. While this is for a G-wagon, I don't see why this couldn't be a nice solution for Hundies too... I've seen the 2x rotopax carriers before, but not something that could carry 4 as here.

I figured that without the ladder on a slee (could work on others too) rear bumper something like this could be fitted instead.

Thoughts?

image.jpg

I thought that was 8 rotopax. Jerry cans are a bit cheaper IIRC.

I thought that was 8 rotopax. Jerry cans are a bit cheaper IIRC.

I believe those are 4-gallon containers, so that would be 4 of them, for total volume of 16 gallons (I could be wrong, as I'm not an expert on this build nor rotopax)

It is my understanding that they also sell 2-gallon containers that can be interconnected, which would be the 8 rotopax taking up the same amount of space. I guess this type of solution would be able to support either combination (or any permutation between.)

I agree they are not cheap, but they seem more "handy" than jerry cans... perhaps I'm just a sucker for their cool looks.

That's a nice setup.

Sonk's got it right - 4 containers at 4 gallons each.

The best time to get them are when they are on sale - they usually have one right around the holidays.

They also have promo codes on the Rotopax web site.

Sonk - I like that 4 rotopax holder!

If you got a BIOR rear bumper Mike could build you the container similar to as shown that would fit the rotopax. I actually ordered my BIOR bumper with dual swing outs, but as of yet don't have anything on the 2nd swing out. I think the ladder looks cool, but I can't imagine really needing it? I can stand on the bumper, rear tire or sliders for access to the top. Was thinking of getting a jerry can holder but this would be pretty slick and a bit more flexible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom