What would it REALLY take to fit 35's under the LC200? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ballsbygm,

Any issues with your CVs or suspension?

sbly

sbly,

No mate, all is working well.

Reported broken CV's are more a TC induced issue, spinning the 35's has been ok to date, they are on the ground more so less TC input in any case:D

ballsbygm,

Good to hear the truck is doing well. I saw the article about your truck and have been keeping an eye on it at lcool.

JB,

What are you going to do with your stock rims? By any chance do you remember how tall your truck was with the OME suspension and 275/75R18 tires?

sbly

sbly said:
JB,

What are you going to do with your stock rims? By any chance do you remember how tall your truck was with the OME suspension and 275/75R18 tires?

sbly

I will be posting them for sale if anyone is interested. I do not recall how tall I was with the OME suspension...but I still barely fit in my garage. With this new size, I may have to air down a bit to fit for working on it.

sbly said:
any chance do you remember how tall your truck was with the OME suspension and 275/75R18 tires?

sbly

I didn't think anyone made tires in that size...

sonk76 said:
I didn't think anyone made tires in that size...

You are right...mine are currently 275/70R18. I'm going to a 285/75R17.

Last edited:
Oops on the tire size.

JB, when you get a chance would you PM me the price for your rims.

sbly

We sell the Icelandic flare kit you see on the "Extreme Range" LC200 in dubai. With a mild lift, It allows you to run the 17" Arctic Truck wheels with 35" Pro Comp Tires. The opening of the fender arches allows the wider track width. We sell the complete conversion as a package. Currently we are working on a lift for the LX570 that allows the retention of the factory adjustable suspension. Email us directly for more info and or pictures.
www.extremelandcruiser.com

JBHorne said:
I will be posting them for sale if anyone is interested.

Still for sale if anyone is interested. :)

The Nitto in 285/75/17 is the perfect size for most toyotas.. I have gotten about 50k miles on my TG's and still have 8/32s.

I wish they just weren't so heavy.

was that 'troll spam' right thar ?

Edit: I note the post referred to has been removed.

Last edited:
35's

41.jpg
460.jpg
461.jpg

One thing I've noticed that has not been addressed regarding the fitting of 35" tires is lift.
What kind of lift and how high are those of you that have 35" tires using?
Is it off the shelf OME or???
Do you ever need a body lift with the 200? Or with the front coil and rear coils (I believe that is what the 200 has...) one can get enough suspension lift.

To fit 35" BFG M/T's on my 100 I did the full 2.5 suspension lift, BIOR diff drop, upper control arms and built my own 1.75" body lift. Not a hint of rubbing in any condition. :)

Look at our tire size sticky. It's has a lot of info listed in there.

Yup. It seems 2.75" or greater of lift is needed; the more the better. I am accomplishing that (~3.25") with my Ironman lift, and most others are doing so with an Icon lift (3.6").

Yup. It seems 2.75" or greater of lift is needed; the more the better. I am accomplishing that (~3.25") with my Ironman lift, and most others are doing so with an Icon lift (3.6").
I went and looked at Ironman, Icon and Slee and the most one can get in suspension height is from Icon. They have a kit for a 0-3" adjustable suspension which is close but not quite 3.25"-3.6". Al the others are only 2".
Did you (or do others) add spacers to the springs? Or perhaps have longer springs made by a spring manufacturer like Deaver Springs in Santa Ana, CA. (I've used Deaver before and they build some good springs!).

One other thing, I'm assuming if one is going to lift high enough for 35" tires, at least upper control arms are necessary, if not both upper and lower control arms, along with a differential drop kit, correct?

I have the C rated Ironman springs on the front with the OE spacers from @beno

from my experiance the 2 inch lift(50mm) from both Ironman and OME is a bit more than two inches with no spacers added... must be a very conservative number on their part.... I would guess more like 2.5 up front and 3 in the back, just rough numbers!

Another thing that might be needed is rear panhard bar to get the axle back into alignment.

@kreiten i think the inaccurate measurements are due to aussie rigs, maybe these measurements are for the diesels which might be heavier

Yeah, if you notice the Aussie rigs sit higher, atleast in the rear. I got stock height king rear springs for my 200 and it currently sits slightly higher than a stock gcc spec cruiser in the rear (maybe like 2 cm higher or so -on par with the Aussie rigs )

Any running Kings /Res and the 700 pounds springs? If so how much lift are you getting with out too much preload? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom